All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Review Eclipse Chameleon 13.0 2007
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:42 am 
Frequent Poster

Review for Eclipse Chameleon 2007 13.0

Times tested: 1
Range: 9kn to 11kn

Good: Bag - can carry all your gear, attachment for pump, straps for your board, compartments for lines etc.
I love this bag!!!

Build - well built. Hurricaine tough? Don't know, we only have cyclones in my part of the world.

Excellent low end - have not tested it in higher range.

Bar - solid and light piece of equipment, I was not expecting the aluminium? reinforcement. The rubber cord to hold the lines tight is a nice touch.

Bad: Not one pump, but strutts are skinny so does not take much time to pump up tight. Also the deflate valve is great. Took less time to pack up and set up then my old kite.

Review: Only got to test this out in 9-11knts, everyone else had left for the day, I could tell they were around earlier due to all the sand mounds that were used to weigh down the kites.

I initially thought that seting up would be more of a hassle due to the bridle but found it just as easy to set up as my 4 line c kite.

Had to self launch, had never tried it bow style before ... piece of cake, just like the demo video on the Eclipse website. I was not expecting to get the kite up as the wind was pretty fickle.

Relaunch was easy, even in light winds.

Kite seemed fast enough for me, but I can only compare it with my old C kite.

Can't wait to try this baby in higher winds.

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Beginner
Style: All
Preferred Water: Chop
Preferred Board Size: 121-130

For pictures and more reviews click here

Last edited by sburlo on Fri May 18, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:50 am 
Frequent Poster

i got out in very gusty winds on the 13m Chameleon yesterday. It was approx gusting from 13knots up to 28knots at times. I had to use the depower strap loads , but the kite performed great all day. i had a few dumps in small surf , but relaunch was quick and easy.

the best thing about this kite is how smooth and stable it is, even in the gusty stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:20 pm 
Frequent Poster

kitesurfwarehouse wrote:
i got out in very gusty winds on the 13m Chameleon yesterday. It was approx gusting from 13knots up to 28knots at times. I had to use the depower strap loads , but the kite performed great all day. i had a few dumps in small surf , but relaunch was quick and easy.

the best thing about this kite is how smooth and stable it is, even in the gusty stuff.

thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to hear, Cham 13 for me is my one kite quiver.

I have had quite a few hair raising experiences on my old 14m 04 c kite when the wind picked up and got gusty.

What I forgot to mention is that the quick release works very well on the suicide leash.

I must have engaged it accidently, by pushing the ball forward, lucky there was hardly much wind otherwise my kite might be in Papua new Guinea or East Timor by now.

(since I put a 5th line mod on my old c kite it has been a habit to hold onto the suicide leash - I wil be carful not to engage the quick release from now on, unless in an emergency)

It was easy to reset the quick release by sliding the pin back in the plastic sheath.

I did not try the quick release on the chicken loop.

A question for Dimitri or anybody else?

With the suicide leash should I attach it to the metal loop near the chicken loop or the ring above the depower strap?

Attachments:
bar.gif
bar.gif [ 96.14 KIB | Viewed 658 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello there.
Concerning the Leash. You can put it or above the Depower Strap or on the ring on the chicken loop. But if you think that you will be the only one at the beach and need to land your kite by yourself you probably want to put the leash on top of the depower Strap.

[ 4 posts ]