Local Beach: Guincho
Gear: RPM 9m, RPM 7m, REV 5m
Airush Converse 6'1'', Airush Converse 5'11'', FW Dominator 5'8''
Brand Affiliation: None

Review Nobile 666 129x39 2007

Postby Al_Kiter » Mon May 14, 2007 3:58 pm

Review for Nobile 666 2007 129x39

Times tested: 6-10

Good: planes extremely early for this size, goes upwind extremely well, is very soft in choppy waters, is very fast, has a very good pop

Bad: is a bit too technical on landings, has really hard rails and sometimes tends to slide sideways when ridden switch or blind, pads and straps are a bit hard

Review: I've been riding custom boards for several years and this is my first production board. I chose this board after testing several models including Naish Sol 2006, Jaime Pro 2006 and 2007 and Nobile 555 and 666 from 2006. For one I think no production board is a match to a custom shape made exclusively for you, but they retain a lot more resell value. The 07 666, though, handles a lot like my custom board once you get used to it and has probably the best pop in comparisson to all these other boards I tested. It's also pretty light and fast and it's great to jump. I still haven't tested it on waves (i ride a directional for these conditions) but think it will probably not be that great. Still for freestyle both in flat and choppy waters I think it's clearly one of the best production boards around. Pads and straps could be a bit more comfortable

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 71-80
Ability: Intermediate
Style: Jumper
Preferred Water: All
Preferred Power: Good
Preferred Kite Size: 12.0
Most Used Kite Size: 12.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 121-130
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used: