I have been riding mostly on my SRT 5'11'' this year and am looking for a board more down the line.
I ride most days in 20-25 or more knots but have some 15 knots days too. Waves usually waist to overhead. Kites 7m and 9m on 20m lines. I have no surfing background (but am working to have a future
Here are my first impressions of RF 5'9:
- Super comfort even on short chop water conditions (feels like a custom - a good one)
- Very stable holding the line: straight, tight turns or long ones
- Light and ness stiff than SRT or RF2007
- Smooth turning and i dare to say impossible to let the tail slip without intention
- Very easy board, no adaptation time! (unlike some boards i tested have)
- Too small for my size (83 kg) as a one board quiver
Although it is longer than RF07 5'5, doesn't feel much bigger. Not the proportion i was expecting from 5'5->5'9
. Let me clarify: Too small for sub-15 knots winds because i want to have a 9m as my biggest kite.
- Plastic fins vibrate at high speeds (did a little speed run to see how it felt
-it felt very nice, by the way). (note: carbon fins from SRT vibrate too, but less, now that i think of it many of the boards i tested have fins that vibrate at high speeds)
I just hope the 6'0 is exactly
the same just a little bigger and not like the change from 5'5 to 5'10 of last year...
Here are a couple of pics of the board with her sister and some friends