All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Got My Nem HP 10
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yesterday I got my Nem HP 10. I headed for the beach, but when I got there winds were really light - maybe 12-14. So I put up my waroo 14 and had to sine it. After a while the winds came up a tick to about 15-16 so I landed my w14 and set up my new Nem HP 10.

Friends my size (190 lbs) were riding waroo 13's and another friend who is a lot lighter was riding waroo 11. They said it was not windy enough, but I put it up anyway. I was very surprised at the power this little kite generates. I was able to go faster and jump higher than my friends. It felt a bit like a 7 waroo in terms of speed and responsiveness - but with the power of a 12 meter.

I used to ride a 9 waroo and an 11 sonic and I would say it is faster than the 9 waroo and has the power of the 11 sonic - and maybe a tad more.

Because I am used to light bar pressure kites like the Sonic I had it set on the AA rear bridle setting.

I can't wait to get it out in higher winds but so far all I can say is that it delivers an impressive low end and great speed. For someone in the 160-170 weight range this could be close to a one-kite quiver. For me I need to replace my waroo 14 and the Nem HP 14 and Royal Era are in the running.

Ed

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I forgot to mention that the bag is nice - but way too small. If you don't roll it perfectly you can't get it back into the bag.

Best should have considered that sometimes it is hard to roll your kite perfectly at the beach. It may be wet, sandy, space limitations, lots of wind, etc.

I had to take it out and repack it when I got home.

Ed

[ 2 posts ]