I have been riding the Rebel 9m for a while now. Conditions: from 13 knots to 25+, small waves, board SRT 5'11'', 45cm "home made" bar, 20m lines, 83kg, experienced rider. I tried several times inner and outer backline pigtails and ended up prefering the inner position (i.e.: front position of the back lines pigtails).
- Responsiveness: very responsive even when fully depowered (back lines slack)
- Turning speed/radious: fast and tight
- Windrange: this is one of the most impressive areas. Specially the lowend. Didn't find the topend yet (didn't even pull the depower).
- Depower: huge and linear with little bar travel. Very, very good!
- Smoothness & Comfort: super just try it and you will see.
- Upwind: with my SRT 5'11'' it is unbeatable!
- Relaunch: Very, very good. Can relaunch like a "bow" pull backline, flip and let go (had to do it with feet on the ground, kite on the water in the waves). I removed the bungees and didn't miss them. I have landed the kite on the water in every possible position!
- Bar feel: could not be better! Maybe because i am so used to Rebel07 7m...
- Bar "weight": just as i like in the inner setting, lighter on the outer setting of the backline pigtails.
- Boosting: didn't try
- Unhooked: didn't try.
- Freestyle: didn't try.
- *pump: North: PLEASE DON'T PUMP * PUMP SYSTEM. This week two mates had problems with failures that lead to deflation of *pumps of two different brands (no, not North) .
When doing hard loops on the beach, it flaps a bit. So I pump it hard. Didn't notice it on the water. This said, the only non flapping kite i ever tried is the Helix 7m!
My conclusion is that it is really a super kite in all areas.
I finally found a perfect match for my Rebel07 7m.
This 9m is a must have for the winds we have here.
I am really, really loving this kite!!!
I rode the 10m (in fact i had it for a while) and it felt too big for what i am looking for.