All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nemesis HP vs. Waroo Pro comparison
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm 
Rare Poster

[size=150]I've got 2 sessions, about 5 hours, on the 12 M NEMI HP so far, both were 15 – 25 knots, one session was super gusty, one was super smooth in the low-mid 20’s. I’ve got a quiver of vanilla 07 waroos and WP’s but pretty much rode the Waroo Pro’s exclusively this year, specifically I ride the WP 11M from 17 – 30 knots. For those of you interested, here is how I think the WP and HP compare so far;

- Relaunch is significantly better, seems just as easy if not easier than a standard 07 waroo. This was really my only serious complaint with the waroo pro. The first thing I did was drop it in the water to test this. Can up perfect every time, super easy.
- The new pulley system gives the kite a much better “feelâ€Â

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:03 am 
Medium Poster

Great comparison, oceanaries. I totally agree will all of your comments.

Coming from WPros too (7/9/11/13) it was a tough decision on either Revs or Nemi HPs. I really liked the Revs I demoed, but ended up going for the HPs because of the 30-day return policy and great customer support. Now happy I did so.

The main improvement for me is that sometimes the WPros to a bit of coaxing to get around, sometimes a little technical to turn, like it almost stalled a little - particularly when you just wanted it to wip around on a wave. The HP doesn't do this, the bar feel is very nice, it's much quicker to turn and the power it generates is an eye-opener. It's just that much easier to fly all around and to tap that performance.

Both are massive jumpers and rule for up-wind, but the HP definately wins in the glide stakes.

All in all a really nice upgrade from what was already a good (though technical) performance kite.

[ 2 posts ]