All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: LS Recoil - 2008 - Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Any unbiased reviews from riders who paid for their 2008 LF Recoil?

Thanks,

Ed

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:13 pm 
Rare Poster

Okay, I may be a little biased now - but I wasn't when I first rode the 2008 recoil, and paid for the 2007 model last year.

As for the board, it sticks to LF's heritage of being a pop machine. This board has so much more performance than other boards at this price. It has loads of flex in the tips, but it's nice and stiff in the centre. This means it does not soak up the power of the kite, like the 555 - which is way to flexy! Plus it gets so much more pop, rides much faster and even has the option of using bindings unlike most boards.

But the beauty is that the flexy tips, rounded rails and a single concave make it a very easy to use and smooth riding board, whatever the conditions. It's low end and upwind ability is great, certainly much better than previous LF boards.

It does, however, feel slightly heavier compared to most other brands, but it feels very light in the water. In my opinion, it has to be the best value for money board on the market - and you will never outgrow or break it, like most cheap intermediate boards.

-------------------------------------
http://www.blownawaykiteschool.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:44 am 
Medium Poster

Thanks for the review, I'm still waiting for my board to arrive. In terms of the weight, I hear the Comp versions are much lighter. Which board did you ride?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 pm 
Rare Poster

Yep, the comp version does have a lighter core, as well as a different tip shape. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my mitts on a recoil comp yet.

As far as what I rode: 06 I was on the 136 mission, 07 I rode the 127 recoil and now I am riding an 08 136 recoil. I also use all the boards down the cable park and behind a boat. I had no affiliation with LF until a month ago, they just know more about designing boards than every other kite company.

-------------------------------------
http://www.blownawaykiteschool.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:27 pm 
Medium Poster

Wait for the 08 Comps, they are amazing boards and you wont regret waiting. The board is lighter and faster than the recoil, hard to believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:30 pm 
Medium Poster

When are they coming out in the US and how will they ride differently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 pm 
Medium Poster

They will be here in the US in February,.

It rides much faster and harder than a regular recoil. Just take all the attributes of the recoil and the comp is that good, but better. Its got an insane amount of pop from that flex in the tips, while also having a super stiff center.

Its also contructed differently with lighter materials and a matte black finish, which does look freaking awsome. I believe they all come in under 5 lbs, maybe less.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 pm 
Medium Poster

Concerning the recoil comp. What do you mean with riding harder? Less comfy and more difficult to control in chop?
Are the tips really more flexy than on the recoil? How do they achieved this? On the pictures I saw the tips are not looking thinner than on the recoil.
My experience is when the tips are stiffer you gain more pop but the disadvantage is that you are landing much harder and that the board is not so easy to control in the turns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:35 pm 
Medium Poster

The main difference is the board is lighter, because of the PVC construction. Also this allows the board to have more flex overall. When I say harder, I dont mean physically harder. I mean as a rider you get more drive out of the board and can ride it hard and fast. I dont know if you get what I mean, lol.

Greg

Post subject: Re: LS Recoil - 2008 - Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi!!

I'm thinking to buy a 2008 board...
but i'm in doubt about LF Recoil 2008 x Slingshot lunacy 2008 x CrazyFly Raptor Pro

somebody can say something about this boads? the price here is the same for this 3 boards... all of them are the same level, or one is better then the others?

i'll ride in flat to chop places but not in waves!

best regards,
Erico

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next