All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: fuel 09 11m mini review
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I know people want to know about this.

It looks bigger than the 11m 2007/2008 (more like a 13 even a 14m in the air)
It pulls a fair bit harder than the 11m 2007/2008
It has FAT as tips and is real boxy almost like a rectangle in the air
bar pressure is very slightly above medium
It look and feels slightly flatter across the arc

Turns fast when you really boss it around, too gusty/overpowered to loop it - next time
Depower medium low
Jumping stayed in air a little bit longer like a flatter kite would, height was similar to 07/08
Wake tricks - it hovers (has more lift with kite low) you more - ie if you are used to an 07 08 fuel and really load up an s bend you will end up dangling on this kite so you have to have the kite even lower I guess when you take off.
Bar grip looks better

felt good but i would be keen on trying the 9m as my main kite whereas the 11m 07 is right now. It was gusty as 15-24 knots. Anyway only one session so don't take this review as black and white but will hopefully give you some ideas..

keen to try it on 5th line as i would not like to get dragged on suicide by it with tight bindings on,and I was not convinced by the mini 5th thing being as easy for relaunch - especially with bindings on... but we will see...

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: fuel 09 11m mini review
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 pm 
Medium Poster

...i read a review in the Kiteboarder magazine on the '09 Fuel and the reviewer for the mag states that the '09 Fuel has tons of depower ("almost as much as a SLE").

Some people say it has good depower, whereas some say it does not - guess i will have to wait for my 11m to arrive to judge that? :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:15 pm 
Medium Poster

Location: Goin to hell if i don't change my ways; Or HoodRiver if you would like.
Saw a couple of those the other day in light winds. Definitely looks bigger and flatter. I think the depower came from their newly sewpt back wing tips (like a SLE/Bow)

The performance I saw out of them didn't look well in light winds but I'm sure in the stronger winds those kites kick ass

Never know tho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:28 pm 
Medium Poster

it definatley looks flatter when your flying it, but in reality is has more of a c shape than last years

i think because of the leading edge last year was not so supportive, the kite used to horse shoe slightly, where as on the 09, there is always noticeably more canopy in the middle of the kite, even when fully loaded up

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

http://buyslingshotsports.com/2009-fuel ... gory=12706

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

ian c, or
Anyone have practice riding 09 fuel unhooked?
I am wanting a kite good for riding unhooked on a surfboard, that rides more forward than the old fuels but needs a little less constant input than the airush reactor/generator.
Love to hear any comments on unhooked, fixed or pulley riding.
... I know, they are barely out, just asking, thanks...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 am 
Medium Poster

Got my first go on the 11m Fuel 2009... Winds were 15-20 knts. Very simple 4 line no nonsense setup. Kite is super smooth with constant power - coming from riding SLE's the past 2 years, i really enjoyed the constant power and direct feed back in the bar.
I could just lean back and edge me nuts off as compared to killing the power by edging to hard with the Bow/SLE type kite (always had that problem).
Jumps were good, but I seem to have got a little higher and floaty with my previous kite - i think it just technique that i will have to work on.
Depower in the bar is decent.
Only neg side was the bar pressure to turn the kite is heavy. Will have huge bi's and tri's soon :o
All in all i am stoked with the kite and can't wait to try the 7m unhooked in waves - i got a feeling its gonna be a gem. The '09 Fuel sits far into the window compared to previous years, so it should be great for down the line wave riding.

Bring on the 7m on 20's....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:23 am 
Frequent Poster

i agree the kite looks good...but one question...has Slingshot fixed their stitching issues? I have seen too many SS kites with stitching coming out almost after purchase that I am too scared to buy one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:49 am 
Medium Poster

slingshot has fixed the stitching issues 08 wasnt the best, but the new 2009 kites are so solid no stitching issues. they changed the construction of the stitches completely. awesome kite and incredable to unhook with. best C kite out there right now. try to get one if they arent sold out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

i try the 7m soon. 07 and o8 7m fuel is great to kiteloop huge - violent sideways pull - lets see what happens

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next