All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flysurfer Speed3 - The Ultimate Flying Machine
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm 
Medium Poster

Kamikuza wrote:
Ok you win :lol: that's flatter than our flat water was ...! Normally, if the wind hasn't driven whitecaps from the other side of the lake, then nobody is riding ...

well yes your sorta right Kami on this one, this one guy who is trying but with no success off to the left you can see him or her..while we r getting some air.. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:26 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi SEANFLEX

since you have some pics from Hatteras, here is one of me riding my S3 19m. it was pretty light that day, no one else.

and one of my friend (not giving his name) having some troubles with the 21m :nono: :lol: another day

looking forward riding with you this summer in Chateauguay on the S3 :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:55 am 
Medium Poster

Kami saw your discuss on the Epic tread, it's pretty funny ... I think on kiteforum is more treads about the wind speed measured on the beach during session ... I have few videos and pictures showing the wind speed and I'm ridding ... some of them are under 5 knots .. but I would never claim that I rode under or even little over 5 knots ... yeah I guy is right his friend's wind meter showed him 3 - 8 knots.. but he was probably standing back to wind with wind meter in a front of him ... :) or he was sitting behind the sand dune .. who knows ... it's funny that he said he didn't even feel the wind in his face ...

everyone who rides know what is 3 knots .... claiming rides in 3 knots with gust to 8 ... I don't know .. sounds crazy ...

wind meter or anemometer is just device to check the approximate wind conditions ... at the particular place, time etc.

this theme is just too difficult ... everyone has own right and thought ... but the right is somewhere in the middle

I'll will post the picture anyway

Attachments:
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG [ 1.69 MIB | Viewed 746 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 am 
Medium Poster

Forgot to mention my yesterdays' session .. got to beach a saw 10 kites lined up on the beach .. one in the air ... nobody ridding .... guy who was leaving told me that "you need paraglide to have some action today" ... I just replied that I'm gonna check it out and will see ... wind where I was standing was 6 - 7 knots ... launched the kite and went little downwind ... I felt little bit more wind then before ... got the little flat water pond and wind was better there ... when guys saw me riding few launched the kites and tried ... some of them crashed the kite and went back to sit on beach, friend of mine did pretty good with kahoona 11.5 ... monster door, working a lot, but he was at least moving a bit... another guy with Wainman Big Mama 15m came behind me .. just one way downwind and walked back .. I had 15m S3 deluxe ... he asked me twice what size is it.... when I told him second time, that's 15, he tried again with the same scenario ... one way down wind and walk of shame back ... when wind picked to 8 - 12 knots.. the fun part started... one footers, double rotations ... I felt sorry for all the guys sitting on the beach and watching ... some tried again ... but still had to walk back upwind after few rides ... have to admit that Big Mama did better then the rest .. but still behind the Speed 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:01 am 
Medium Poster

DenisLaMenace wrote:
Hi SEANFLEX

since you have some pics from Hatteras, here is one of me riding my S3 19m. it was pretty light that day, no one else.

looking forward riding with you this summer in Chateauguay on the S3 :thumb:

:rollgrin: i was in a hurry to get some good Spaghetti supper.. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:47 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Awesome photo - thanks. Will be sure to use it in future threads on the inferiority of ram airs (eg Flysurfer) in light winds.

Cheers,

Chumpy

Attachments:
Image.jpeg
Image.jpeg [ 206.57 KIB | Viewed 698 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:50 am 
Frequent Poster

s3 lw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 am 
Very Frequent Poster

duloid wrote:
I think on kiteforum is more treads about the wind speed measured on the beach during session ...

You'd think so, wouldn't you? That's a measurement we can all do, after all ...
Including the most favourable conditions such as wind gradient (pah!) and current etc etc and then taking your most convenient guess (LOL!) the BEST you can claim is "I rode out a 3-knot lull" ... still, nobody ever accused "them" of journalistic integrity.

I'm working on the math ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:58 pm 
Frequent Poster

duloid wrote:
Kami saw your discuss on the Epic tread, it's pretty funny ... I think on kiteforum is more treads about the wind speed measured on the beach during session ... I have few videos and pictures showing the wind speed and I'm ridding ... some of them are under 5 knots .. but I would never claim that I rode under or even little over 5 knots ... yeah I guy is right his friend's wind meter showed him 3 - 8 knots.. but he was probably standing back to wind with wind meter in a front of him ... :) or he was sitting behind the sand dune .. who knows ... it's funny that he said he didn't even feel the wind in his face ...

everyone who rides know what is 3 knots .... claiming rides in 3 knots with gust to 8 ... I don't know .. sounds crazy ...

wind meter or anemometer is just device to check the approximate wind conditions ... at the particular place, time etc.

this theme is just too difficult ... everyone has own right and thought ... but the right is somewhere in the middle

I'll will post the picture anyway

Riding in 3 knots is physically impossible. In the summer even a 21m S3 wouldn't stay in the air. I have ridden in reading of 4 or 5 knots on land but 50 feet in the air it might have read 8 or 9 knots.

So all these post about windmeter showing 3, 4 or 5 knots mean only what they show; the amount of knots on the beach.

One thing that I know for sure though is that so far nothing beats the big 19m and 21m when it comes to LW. When it is really light the last ones that always keep going are the Speed :-) And for hangtime they can't be beat..

Jules

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 pm 
Medium Poster

Pump me up wrote:
Awesome photo - thanks. Will be sure to use it in future threads on the inferiority of ram airs (eg Flysurfer) in light winds.

Cheers,

Chumpy

PMU

this photo belongs to me and for using it you needs to pay me copyright fees. I've set them for 10,000$ the amount you owe Gunnar. :lol: but you give it to me :remybussi:

BTW this photo was not taken in light winds, it was pretty much above 15 knots. this is not my kite. Me I just have the 19m but my other kites are wainman rabbits. each kite has its own purpose.

But if you want nicer photos for your "propaganda" posts, send me a PM with you real identity which I will not share. Im just curious, I've got something crunchy for you, more detailed and embarrassing :evil:

[ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 51  Next