All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: North's Ken Winner Slams Ram Airs
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

That is unless you have more then one hobby.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

True that too ... must suck if you don't live 10 minutes drive from a lake or ocean though or have to make do with non-stop crappy winds. Oh wait WTF that'll be just why they make kites like S3 21 and Dyno and Zephyr :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

Oh!!! Thats why they make them. So guys like you can mow the lawn in 4 to 7. Not for people who want to go big in maybe 8 to 12. Or guys that want to throw down in up to 15.
Oops forgot again. Your always right kami.
But dosent matter anyway because you wont fly a North. They said bad things about another type of kite. But if they send you one to demo........
Loser

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Thanks, that was helpful.

snobdr wrote:
Oh!!! Thats why they make them. So guys like you can mow the lawn in 4 to 7. Not for people who want to go big in maybe 8 to 12. Or guys that want to throw down in up to 15.
Oops forgot again. Your always right kami.
But dosent matter anyway because you wont fly a North. They said bad things about another type of kite. But if they send you one to demo........
Loser

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 pm 
Frequent Poster

About as helpful as this whole thread
Should have died long ago

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm 
Rare Poster

....couldn't agree more. It's like:

company releases vaguely interesting new kite - together with standard marketing fare
foil man gets incredibly defensive and angry for reasons nobody understands or cares about
foil man repetitively makes same dumb joke - Ken = PMU. Nobody laughs.
foil man gets incredibly defensive and angry again. Makes same dumb joke again. Nobody laughs, again.

yawn...can't imagine how tiring it must be to be that angry.

cue angry foil man....for another bout of dopey rhetoric that nobody cares about.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Who's angry? :lol: it's not me frothing at the mouth in fits of jealously about how much more expensive kites I wont ever fly are and so my preferred model must be better :thumb:

snobdr wrote:

Oh thanks! I learned something ... light wind kites AREN'T for light wind, they're for regular wind to go big with ... say, why not save $1,000 and just buy a normal kite? :o :lol:

I'm amused at the foil man label - I assume you mean me - considering I have more LEIs for the water than foils :lol: I keep telling y'all that but you insist on labeling incorrectly :nono:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
We've been selling LEI's, Closed Cells, Open Cells for Years, crazy light wind conditions, nasty lulls.
quite the testing grounds. The 2011 Zephyr 17m is Sweet! 5 struts, and many love them, just out on an Ozone Edge 7m the other day, Wild! but Closed Cells are untouchable on super low end and I like all the main styles for different reasons. There is a ton of R&D in Flysurfers.

The only way to know for yourself is to see the real thing or experience with the main types of kites or trust someone to help go through pros and cons. Better to tell the real deal for the average light wind kiters that just want to get off the beach and on the water and stay upwind though, we find, Customers will figure it out sooner or later, older vid... but basically the reality of physics. I just let him use my kite this day for a bit, so then the story goes...

Hey how come no one asked the kite weight including Bridals? How Much?
It's great to have kite companies pushing the Limits..
It can make everyone push R&D to make kites better.

I just feel lucky to have the main types to offer and mean well for Customers.

Look at this kid keeping the kite up...

Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 pm 
Medium Poster

Pump me up wrote:
Ken Winner, one of the most respected kite designers, has slammed ram airs:

*heat up the grill* :decision:

PUM, do you have new statement from Ken? He with all his respect does not know how to design a proper (foil)kite and needed to re-brand from ELF-kites to have their team riders to stay in the racing game.

Foil breakthrough happened when 'correct' racekite-manufacturer analyzed and realized how well existing foilbrands did races&tour with little resources. And did their race oriented parafoil and revolution happened in less than a year after launching the parafoil kite.

Probably the best racer out there says..
This event marked a big shift for the foil fleet as the big performance jump was not under the water but in the sky. Nearly everyone showed up with parafoil kites (gotta love not touching a pump all week), and those who didn’t wish they had! The wind on the lake seemed to cycle from 8-15 knots and my 15m Chrono was the perfect kite to cover this range. In the puffs the thing locks in and shoots forward without dragging me sideways, but it has the grunt to get me through the lulls also. And downwind…well…I passed a few people :)
I’m excited to head home to San Francisco and get more time on my new 9m Chrono in preparation for what is likely to be a windier final tour stop

Big performance jump in the sky said by rider earlier used Edges? And he feels sorry for the inflato guys. Brilliant marketing! :)

New smaller 9m2 foil is apparantly coming and he plans to use it instead of race inflato in windier conditions?

PUM, any updated cut&paste, I'd love to see it? Or any other comment at all? You've been so silent in last months... Have you been https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT633yn9jC0?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Some Airtime...on Speed 19m Lighter winds... Sure Speeds and Chronos and technical software design allowed Foils to become very efficient!...

We've been kiting Soooo much this summer....
Many more on Foil here now...
Paul
www.PBKiteboarding.com

[ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next