All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Slingshot Coupe 6´0 anyone tested yet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 pm 
Rare Poster

I like the look of it and the concept of a twinfin is somewhat refreshingly unusual. Has anyone (apart from brand the pimps) had a chance to test the board in light wind conditions yet? Any feedback is highly appreciated.
!!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Slingshot Coupe 6´0 anyone tested yet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have one you can have for cheap. It's good for lightwind, its good for small waves its really snappy for a big board but i prefer a tyrant in bigger waves so thats what i ride all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for the super-quick reply! How well does the board go upwind in light winds compared to Tyrant in direct comparison? How does the board behave in bigger waves?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Coupe goes upwind really well because it has 2 huge fins so you ride the fins upwind. the Tyrant has more rocker but somehow seems to be pretty good still. In larger waves the coupe bounces a little more than the Tyrant, havent been on the Coupe in about 3 months so not that fresh in my head anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:58 am 
Medium Poster

The rocker, outline, length, and width are perfect for a board I want in my quiver.
The board's shape looks so hot.
It could have been sooo good, had Slingshot made it a Quad or Thruster (especially a quad).
I used to own it.
Not a twin fin fan.
I've only road one other twin fin designed board, and didn't like how the twin fins felt on that board either.

That being said, the board went upwind really nice. The construction of the board makes it super comfortable in chop, feels like a poly surfboard but much lighter and more durable of course. The Coupe feels excellent in the air jumping. Just don't like the way the twin fins feel when on a wave, or bottom turning, or just jibing in flat water.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:37 am 
Frequent Poster

I own one, beside two custom waveboards (1 dave stubbs and 1 Dereck Camacho, DCBoardz). I'm riding strapless boards (ususally custom) for 5 years now, kiting for 11 years, weight: 95 kg, length 1.89m

I was supprised by the low-wind potential of this board. It is not the best low-wind board I have owned, but for the small tail it has more low-wind than I expected (the difference with the best, 21.25 wide fish is 2 knots).

The fins are rather big, for a small person maybe to big, but you can compensate for those upwind-beasts by putting the back-foot a bit more to the tail.

It is the best all-round production waveboard that I tested (I've tested around 20 production boards the last 2 years), it performs well in all kind of waves and in low- and highwinds. In the review I created for a Dutch forum I als pointed to the quad setup.

Because the beautifull finishing is very slippery and wax wears off in around 45 mins, I added a front pad.

So, it is not the perfect board, but a very good all-rounder!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:55 am 
Rare Poster

Thank you all for the comments. You said, there is a better light-wind production board. Which one is it? I do own a narrow, fully rockered 6´1´´ for stronger wind anyway. The Coupe should be just for ligth wind and waves up to 1 1/2 head high.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 am 
Frequent Poster

No, the other board was (sold it) a DCBoardz custom as well.

If you weigh a bit less than I do, this is the board you're looking for!

If you weigh about the same, the light wind performance is still very good, but with a bigger board you could beef it up a little (like with the other SS board that has a quad fin, the dialer).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 am 
Frequent Poster

More lightwind performance => less rocker and more width.

But a bit of rocker can also be very nice...

[ 9 posts ]