All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Any test review for Cab Switchblade 2013?
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 am 
Frequent Poster

I had another go on the 2013s 7 meter and 9 meter. I took the 7 out sufficiently powered and felt plenty bar pressure, fast turning, solid power, no loss of power in turns. Again that was sufficiently powered.

I borrowed a 9 when I was trying to go out on my buddies 10.5 obsession but I was missing pigtails. I was powered enough to have fun but ideally would have rigged something a bit larger.

Again plenty of bar pressure, fast turning, good amount of power but not quite the same grunt of 2012. If I was on an 11 or 12 that day, would have sent the kite once to waterstart, but in this instance had to sine a couple times to get the moving. I was definitely loosing some power in the turns and transitions. I needed the 10.5 or greater but I couldn't complain that my budddy had his 9 available for use.

Definitely faster than 2012, a little less grunt.

Post subject: Re: Any test review for Cab Switchblade 2013?
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
Frequent Poster

I took my 7m out this weekend with winds up to 36 knots. I found that I was never scared on the kite, and when i left it at the edge of the wind window in the gusts it just flew unpowered and flapped as if it was nothing. I felt very comfortable.

One thing I noticed, I rode with the lines on the knot closest to the kite, and when i had the depower strap close to full depower, i noticed that I had trouble turning the kite. It didnt happen when powered or semi depowered. Is this part of the line length issue on the 2013s?

I have a 10m as well and it flys awesome. Im so happy with my new upgrades.

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2