The valve should be a tight fit. Take the cap part, soak it in hot water, and then jam a pen in the underside of it to stretch it wider. Cool it, try it again.
This has worked of me every time I have a loose or leaky valve. It is simple method and I dont need to remove anything to make it work. You might want to try it before attempting a bladderendectomy.
Take a coffee cup of water and heat in in your microwave for ~ 1 minute.
1. Take a very small wire tie and put on the end near the opening (not the base) and pull it as tight as you can.
2. Stick the female end in the hot water until it is brought up near the water temp which is no more than 30 seconds.
3. Give the wire tie one more tug to make sure it is putting pressure on the valve.
4. Let the valve cool or dip it in cold water and you have a visibly tighter female end.
5. Using a small pair of dykes, I clip off the wire tie. You could leave it on but the wire tie heads are sharp and could cause damage.
1. The Male plug should be hollow on the end that goes into the valve.
2. Using a heated cup of hot water, put it in the water and submerge for 30 seconds
3. Take a cheap straight plastic pen (This is the straight Bic type with the squared off end) and put the pen in the end hollow end of the male plug. this will slightly enlarge the circumference of the male plug while it is warm and more flexible.
4. Leave the pen in the plug until it cools.
You are done. Go kite