Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking for bombproof ultrastable slow 8m behaving like a 12

forum for kitesurfers

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Re: Looking for bombproof ultrastable slow 8m behaving like

Postby bnthere » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 am

wainman 7.5.

this is not a dis on this kite. people confuse tight turning with speed. these kites arent fast, and can be set to a heavy bar pressure, but they can still be turned super tight and with extremely consistent pull and performance. heavy bar pressure and slower flying speed help hold that back for easy straight line tracking and predictable feel.

this is what you want.

otherwise your looking at a slingshot t3 7m or older crossbow 7 or convert (t3 and xbow are very strong for their size, heavy steering resistance/pressure. convert just plain slow) maybe a SS key but i dont have experience with that one in small sizes, looks like same shape as t3 tho.

AGK
Medium Poster

Postby AGK » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 pm

It's not an 8m, but I have been really happy with my Ocean Rodeo Prodigy 7m on the criteria given by the original poster -- it is really stable deep in the window in gusty conditions, has lots of depower, and is very relaxing -- doesn't dart around unpredictably like other small kites I've had. If you crank the bar it turns pretty well and predictably, but it doesn't respond a lot to small bar movements. I have found it to be much more fun and confidence inspiring in the 30mph+ range than the other small kites I've had. YMMV.

ozonelevel
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Jupiter
Gear: Whatever works
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ozonelevel » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Wait long enough and you'll have every kite brand recommended.

Return to “Kitesurfing”