Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which harness to get???

forum for kitesurfers


Vogelm1
Rare Poster
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2016 Naish Pivots - 14m, 11m, 8m, and 6m; 2014 Axis Vanguard 134
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Great Lakes

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Vogelm1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Another vote for Mystic Warrior III - very comfortable, does not ride up, and easy to get into. Adjust the clicker bar strap once the first time you wear it, from there on it's click-and-go! FWIW I have had no issues with chaffing, but only have worn it a couple times without rash guard or wetsuit top.

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Ludmil » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm

antwerp wrote:I had the Mystic Warrior and now ride the Mystic Shadow, primarily in the surf. I have ridden these both with and without a wetsuit and haven't had any chafing issues. The lower profile fits me well (I'm 5'7), and I like how clean the new Shadow is (there's not much for slack lines to catch on if your kite falls). If at all possible, I would try a few on before buying. I have tried on Dakine, Naish, Cab, and others, but the Mystic happened to fit me best.


Hi,
I`m on the market for new harness as my old M size Warrior 1 /I guess.../ needs a replacement.
Last week I`ve tried Len10`s Warrior but I found it more restrictive than my old one /too wide/...
As I`m looking for more freedom of movement kind of harness - I figured that I probably should go for Shadow and down size it.
There wasn`t S size in the shop to try, but I`m qurious as my size is 31 /waist size/ can I go for S instead of M?
What do you think?
L.

User avatar
WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 am
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Papua New Guinea

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby WildDuke » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Give the new np (Neil pryde) harnesses a try. They have an awesome new spreader bar. Let us all know what you think!

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Ludmil » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 pm

WildDuke wrote:Give the new np (Neil pryde) harnesses a try. They have an awesome new spreader bar. Let us all know what you think!


No new NP`s around :wink: , but ION is my second option of choice.
Tried the 2013 Apex,Revolt and Hummer and hey, they look solid...

User avatar
doggy
Medium Poster
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:35 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Camber Sands, Greatstone
Favorite Beaches: Camber Sands, Greatstone, Hayling Island, Majanicho
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle, Surf
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: None
Contact:

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby doggy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 pm

If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.
Last edited by doggy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Ludmil » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

doggy wrote:If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Yes,you`re right about the personal preferrences when choosing harness.
The guys at shop do not have it in stock and they will suply it as an individual order.
My original q was - can I go S if I`m 31 waist?

BR
L.

User avatar
mr_daruman
Medium Poster
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Kaichu beach
Mibaru beach
Igei beach
Style: My style
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: SHINN, HBsurfkite
Location: Okinawa, Japan

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby mr_daruman » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Want quality and comfort, go for Patlove.

New site:
http://www.pat-love.com/home.asp?back=1

User avatar
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Kiting since: 1901
Gear: N/A

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby dyyylan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:08 am

Ludmil wrote:
doggy wrote:If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Yes,you`re right about the personal preferrences when choosing harness.
The guys at shop do not have it in stock and they will suply it as an individual order.
My original q was - can I go S if I`m 31 waist?

BR
L.


I have a 31" waist as well and the smalls fit me the best for all the ones ive tried. i tried a medium mystic shadow and it was huge on me

Jdude
Medium Poster
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 am
Kiting since: 2007
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Jdude » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:05 am

Pat love ?
had one about 4 years ago and it fell apart after two seasons.
Did they get any better ?

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 7005
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark

Re: Which harness to get???

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am

doggy wrote:If you can try them out at a shop as everyones body is different and so the harness that your friend recommends and loves might be really uncomfortable for you.

We often find in the mystic range that the warrior fits larger and taller guys well and the shadow the smaller guys as it is thinner and flexier.

The Liquid Force are also very comfy but again, it is all down to the fit. I love my Comp and find the shadow fits me great but my brother prefers the Luxury and Warrior.


Exactly :thumb:

If you had never kitesurfed (or windsurfed) before - you could pick almost ANY harness, or based on recommendations :naughty:

But as you are experienced, and has observed a harness that dont fit you - the only way to go is try in a shop 8)

Totally nonsense to recommend a harness to others - as the only thing one can do, is recommend a harness to one self.

As said before - I have even had harnesses that I found very good in the shop - but after some hours, it did not work for "my" body...

But usually, when trying a harness and hanging in a rope in the shop (in the hook, not the neck that is..) - one finds what works.

Sooooo indiviual :rollgrin:

:D Peter


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: benhamdj22, Bing [Bot], maximlg253, nothing2seehere, Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests