Dimitri M wrote:Caesar,
I wish I could share all our correspondence with every body on this forum in order to show them exactly what was going on so they have a better understanding of this situation but I can't do that.
The bottom line is that it was not a warranty issue, but I did agree to pay for the repairs and asked you to use AIRTIME because that is who we use for all our repairs. But since you are in Brazil you decided to use one of your local store for the repair which is also good. After all that was done we decided to give you a credit for your next purchase since you wanted to buy a SCREAMER 9 because that was easier then sending you a payment. And you told me as a Team Rider that you were going to keep and eye on those struts and try to find out what might cause this extensive wearing which we still don't know because we never had any one else with this issue on the struts. So you bought a SCREAMER 9 and wanted us to ship it to Germany to save on shipping and duties so one of your friends could bring it to you in Brazil.
So once again I did everything I could to help you and I am sorry you feel that way.
Here are the facts and tell people if anything is wrong what I wrote. You are obviously very good in twisting things around to your advantage!
- In 03/12 I wanted to buy a 10m LTD and contacted your Dutch dealer who was listed on your website. Since I traveled to Europe, I would take that kite with me from there.
- The Dutch dealer referred me to you, to buy it from you directly.
- I was offered a "Teamrider Cat B" price (I did not ask for that whopping discount of 22% off the retail price that was involved in that Teamrider offer, but I agreed to it. I was asked to write reports and post photos in exchange to that offer and which I would have done anyway here on KF).
- In 04/12 I came back from Europe with the kite.
- After some days of kiting, I wrote to you that you should change the bar grip material since it was dented already when I received the kite and to replace the bridle rings with something different since the bridle lines showed excessive wearing already.
- At the end of April 2012 I ordered the next 10m LTD as a backup kite since I frequently kite in remote coastal areas and like to have a backup kite with me in case things go wrong. You charged me $32.40 extra for 2 sets of those sliders. I wrote to you that I would not have expected to charge me for that design flaw and you argued that the rings are the same as the sliders. I bit my tongue...!
- In 07/12 I told you that both of those kites inflate valves peeled off after 2 months and I had to get them repaired. That would not be a warranty issue as you wrote? You sent 2 offers to me to handle that issue:
1) peel the INFLATE VALVE off and glue it back with some Vinyl glue. This is what I did on my 2 kites.
2) I can send you some stick on VALVE
You offered no credit for those repairs Mr. Dimitri! I asked you to sent the 2 valves if issues occur again.
- A week later I had an accident when the QR of the Epic bar failed to open when the kite dead-looped because a line went underneath the bar when a sudden wind lull occurred. The kite stopped in a tree after dragging me around the beach for 100 meters. I needed to stay one night in hospital because of this and asked you to send me a "working" replacement QR. All you did was saying sorry and that failure never happened before. I even offered you to pay for working QRs but you put the Blade boss in CC and he said he would send me a working QR which I never received. I sold that kite very cheaply since it was torn into pieces and was stitched everywhere.
- In the beginning of September when I was fit for kiting again after the accident I bought a 9m Screamer to replace the 10m LTD which I sold. I bought that 9m Screamer without a bar since you did not have any other bars and I was very unsatisfied with that bar.
- 2 weeks later I saw a ripped strut on my 10m LTD which I purchased in 04/12 and which was my back-up kite so far. I sent you photos. You offered me to get it repaired at my local store and offered me $25.00 off my next kite purchase with you to which it never came. Over time I emailed you that the strut saga continued with other struts too. You repeated yourself that it never happened before and that was your great customer service story!
I then decided to switch to a another kite company.