*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:24 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 34
Hey!!! hows it going? I should could use some helpfull tips if anyone has input on riding the Noble TS or / and the new North Jamie I,m 210 to 220 lbs. I want a board that is awesome in the chop, pretty good in the surf , good up wind capabilities with great pop as im starting to work on a few tricks. Sooo any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks Whitey


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Ireland
a 138 Tona Pop with a nice set of boots would sort u out nicely. great upwind, amazing pop and great in chop


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 1389
Location: The Gorge
Agree with philipt, a pop with some bindings sounds perfect


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 34
whitey68 wrote:
Hey!!! hows it going? I should could use some helpfull tips if anyone has input on riding the Noble TS or / and the new North Jamie I,m 210 to 220 lbs. I want a board that is awesome in the chop, pretty good in the surf , good up wind capabilities with great pop as im starting to work on a few tricks. Sooo any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks Whitey
philipt wrote:
a 138 Tona Pop with a nice set of boots would sort u out nicely. great upwind, amazing pop and great in chop

The size and the idea of bindings are great but neither fo you guys mentioned if you would suggest the Noble T5 or the North Jamie soooo, What do you think111


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 263
whitey68 wrote:
Hey!!! hows it going? I should could use some helpfull tips if anyone has input on riding the Noble TS or / and the new North Jamie I,m 210 to 220 lbs. I want a board that is awesome in the chop, pretty good in the surf , good up wind capabilities with great pop as im starting to work on a few tricks. Sooo any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks Whitey


Shinn monk is pretty good in waves. Would try to Demo the Shinn Monk or Street. Both are excellent in Chop


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:19 pm
Posts: 73
Hey Whitey,

If you are looking at Nobile, make sure you try NHP. This board excels in chop and is great for learning tricks. It says it is a freestyle board but it is one of the best all-around rides out there.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:37 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 220
The North Jaime pro is a good board for you're needs.
Good in chop, for tricks, overall a smooth board.
Also good resale value.

I went from the Jaime pro to the Aboards Z-series, wich I recommend highly!
Better pop and very stable on high speed landings.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
I`ve never had or tested a TT that covers all of your requirements perfectly...
or probably I didn`t have the chance to...
Some may excel in some areas than the others and vice versa.

You`d better test boards as much as you can.

L.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:21 am
Posts: 407
Yeah, probably need a bit more information. If you are mostly into freeride type tricks and rarely have consistent flat water, I would suggest trying a OR Mako 140 or the Nobile T5. The Mako 140 is great in chop, decent upwind, and just a really smooth board. It has lots of grip which allows for more speed in chop and ultimately more power in sent jumps, rolls, etc. It's also probably the best tt in surf. It's downside is pop in flat water due to the rounded rails.

The Nobile T5 is a great all-around board that is good in chop, with nice medium pop, just a great all-around board, kinda like the Monk.

So........really it's up to what you want to do, and the conditions you most often ride. I've owned both boards, and now own a Nobile 2HD. All great boards dependent on what you want to accomplish.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: help which twin tip should i buy?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:22 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 34
adamj2281 wrote:
Yeah, probably need a bit more information. If you are mostly into freeride type tricks and rarely have consistent flat water, I would suggest trying a OR Mako 140 or the Nobile T5. The Mako 140 is great in chop, decent upwind, and just a really smooth board. It has lots of grip which allows for more speed in chop and ultimately more power in sent jumps, rolls, etc. It's also probably the best tt in surf. It's downside is pop in flat water due to the rounded rails.

The Nobile T5 is a great all-around board that is good in chop, with nice medium pop, just a great all-around board, kinda like the Monk.

So........really it's up to what you want to do, and the conditions you most often ride. I've owned both boards, and now own a Nobile 2HD. All great boards dependent on what you want to accomplish.

Thanks for all the info, guys appreciate it!


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], clint2070, Google Feedfetcher and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group