Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Carib, Feb 10 - 17: Based on forecast, where would you go?

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
Stinky
Rare Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:34 am
Kiting since: 2009
Location: Toronto

Carib, Feb 10 - 17: Based on forecast, where would you go?

Postby Stinky » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Planning a week to the Carib from Feb 10 - 17. It seems like the trades are a little fluky this year, and because I'm flying on buddy passes, am going to book last minute based on forecast. If it were just me, I'd go to Barbados, most of my buds are going that week, I'm a surfboard guy AND I'm goofy, but wifey isn't crazy about BBDS and I don't want to leave her at home.

So our choices are: St. Martin, Grand Cayman, St. Lucia, Turks and Caicos, pretty much in order. It'll be interesting how that forecast looks by about Wed. I think I can score waves in St. Martin and Grand Cayman the easiest, but am interested to hear what you peeps have to say. Thanks!

nherbold
Medium Poster
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Tortola, BVI
Favorite Beaches: Ilha do Guajiru
Huntington Beach, California
Scheveningen, Holland
Sherman Island, California
Crissy Fields, California,
Hape Hatteras, North Carolina
Brandywine Bay, BVI
Anegada, BVI
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Wainman

Re: Carib, Feb 10 - 17: Based on forecast, where would YOU g

Postby nherbold » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 pm

I suggest St. Martin..great island and great people.
And very easy to take day trips to either Anguilla or St. Barts

Cheers & good luck

yzbob
Medium Poster
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 am
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Carib, Feb 10 - 17: Based on forecast, where would you g

Postby yzbob » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 am

never been to St. Lucia or Turks and Caicos so i'll leave them for other people to comment on.

based on wind forecast and my experience in both islands i'd choose Grand Cayman over St Martin. I'm not entirely sure why, in any given week you could get great wind in either place just down to luck but i lean towards Grand Cayman in atmosphere, i just prefer it.

bob

User avatar
Stinky
Rare Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:34 am
Kiting since: 2009
Location: Toronto

Re: Carib, Feb 10 - 17: Based on forecast, where would you g

Postby Stinky » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am

Thanks for the replies! St. Martin it is, but Cayman came quite close.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: knotwindy and 18 guests