Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:35 am

DirkGently wrote:Its the increased uplift force on the bolts more than the flex change underfoot that killed my board.
no kidding

Congrats PWND, I haven't been on the MK2 but if its anything like its predecesor, is a sick board.

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby pwnd550 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:06 am

pixelpedro wrote: Congrats PWND, I haven't been on the MK2 but if its anything like its predecesor, is a sick board.
Thanks! I probably won't be able to ride it until end of june though

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)

Postby pwnd550 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey
I don't have straps for the board yet, but I think i'm going to buy the hadlow straps. Anyone tried them? Unfortunately, they just became out of stock, I hope for not long

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 pm

hadlow straps were small for my feet and had less padding than the shinn straps i had, the hadlow pads are nice though

have shinn straps and hadlow pads on it now...the hadlow pads are the axon old ones...

http://www.realwatersports.com/axon-da- ... -strap-kit

feel nice

dG
Rare Poster

Postby dG » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 am

I've got the Hadlow straps on mine and had a few sessions on it now. Nice and grippy pads and the straps feel really comfortable (for my foot size anyway). I tried various combos of pads and straps on my Mk1 board (including the standard Mystic straps and 3do pads combo) but would always occasionally slip out of them. I've not slipped out of these once yet or even felt slightly like I would - great for confidence going into tricks.

There may be a better combo out there that I haven't found yet (especially since straps choice is often quite dependent on footsize/shape) but I think they'd probably be a good choice way if you haven't got a better option lined up that you definitely know will work better for you.

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 am

a
Last edited by wrogu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

wrogu
Frequent Poster

a
Last edited by wrogu on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

wrogu
Frequent Poster

I am looking for straps and pads for mine too. One requirement: pad angle adjustment. LF seemed ok, but the ones I got were too small, so I have to returned them. Now I am investigating mystic pads and straps. Pads are cool but I think the straps are prety shitty. Time to check if the newer mystic straps are better.

I have old nobile pads and atraps - 2011, which are prety good, but lack angle adjustments.

North NTT are my top choice - but their angle adjustment works only on a north board.

New naish Pads are not available but look prety nice too.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 pm

I had, crazy fly straps, they nice and wide, and really soft and comfy, and mystic 3DOs for pads, I almost didn't buy these, cause someone at a kiteshop suggested that they had some returns cause they're a bit slippery, and never really got better; to tell you the truth, these things sometimes I couldn't get them off, lol. Very cushy and comfy. My only complain with the straps is that if a bit of sand got in it, the velcro didn't hold that well. Sometimes when landing hot, the pressure would rip the strap right open, and my foot would go flying out, when I figured out what the issue was, I'd just open them up after every sesh, and make sure the velcro was clean.

They only thing suck about these pads, is that me and another buddy, both with Hadlow boards (the generation before the MK2) both right pads the base cracked on the same 3rd hole of the inside of the pad. Mine lasted a little longer than his, cause he's truly a kite addict and he's out all the time, and I have to work, lol, but is funny that they both cracked on the same spot. so not sure if the board had something to do with it, or the pad itself.

One of my buddies, which he ended up buying the MK2 after demoing my board for a day, didn't like my pads, I think he said they're to hard.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
3K83L73H95I85Ga5J1d2icfbb63d923021376.jpg
3K83L73H95I85Ga5J1d2icfbb63d923021376.jpg (57.76 KiB) Viewed 1870 times

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:31 pm

I just tried 2013 nobile pads and atraps, did not like em too much. To start with - holes were drilled in an odd plane, defo not in a circular one - the one imo would fork for MK2 hole spacing. Holes were aligned in a bit linear way .... no diea how it works on original nobile boards. Secondly the pad (compared to my 2011 nobile pads - which i like a loooot) seemed to be more elastic - it was possible to strech them a tiny bit. Base of 2011 pad is waaay stronger (but it lacks angle adjustment).

I used to have mystic pads and straps - they were prety good! But the straps were a disaster- they didnt hold my feet (unlike 2011 nobile). I might go for the SP straps.... they seem to be ok.

Too bad NTT wont fit ;(

Return to “Kitesurfing”