Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

forum for kitesurfers

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup

Re: Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

Postby Laughingman » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Thanks for the review Kami... mine is on its way, hopefully I get it before the weekend.

Should've pointed out that I'm used to colder temps and have more insulation than many people ;) so while I'm warm at 12˚C, others might be suffering - I know the locals are still in dry suits...

I kited all through winter, as air temp hovered around 0˚C and it was even snowing some sessions - used my 6/5/4 Hyperflex Amp3 and 5mm NPX boots'n'gloves... and was impervious to the weather, totally comfy. Got way too hot when temps climbed, although my 3/2 was too cold. The Switch fills the gap perfectly.

No woriries, I'm not buying this for drysuit weather. The amp 3 4/3 has served me well, but after a few years its time for a change

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Switch wetsuit - reviews anyone?

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:47 am

Laughingman wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Thanks for the review Kami... mine is on its way, hopefully I get it before the weekend.

Should've pointed out that I'm used to colder temps and have more insulation than many people ;) so while I'm warm at 12˚C, others might be suffering - I know the locals are still in dry suits...

I kited all through winter, as air temp hovered around 0˚C and it was even snowing some sessions - used my 6/5/4 Hyperflex Amp3 and 5mm NPX boots'n'gloves... and was impervious to the weather, totally comfy. Got way too hot when temps climbed, although my 3/2 was too cold. The Switch fills the gap perfectly.

No woriries, I'm not buying this for drysuit weather. The amp 3 4/3 has served me well, but after a few years its time for a change

I think I might have survived winter with a hooded 4/3 suit, if it was lined...

Change is as good as a holiday, they say! :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”