*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 848
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Hello all,

why no info on the Dyno 2013 17m???? I heard its won a few races on race boards but nothing from other types of riders. Is it no good for TT or since they are aiming for racing, the rest of us don't get to find out, maybe its no good for free riding?

Anyone care to let us know?????

Robbie :D


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:27 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Italy
Got your same question.
With the summer approaching we have to face light winds :(
Faber


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am
Posts: 299
Puetz wrote:
Hello all,

why no info on the Dyno 2013 17m???? I heard its won a few races on race boards but nothing from other types of riders. Is it no good for TT or since they are aiming for racing, the rest of us don't get to find out, maybe its no good for free riding?

Anyone care to let us know?????

Robbie :D


Who do you expect this someone to be? Give it a go and let us know ;) You can also wait for a teamrider review but what do you expect from this?

I have not tried it my self but have seen it in use on raceboards. And the 17 is probably the best in the whole range when they line up against other brands


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 848
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
lander wrote:
Puetz wrote:
Hello all,

why no info on the Dyno 2013 17m???? I heard its won a few races on race boards but nothing from other types of riders. Is it no good for TT or since they are aiming for racing, the rest of us don't get to find out, maybe its no good for free riding?

Anyone care to let us know?????

Robbie :D


Who do you expect this someone to be? Give it a go and let us know ;) You can also wait for a teamrider review but what do you expect from this?

I have not tried it my self but have seen it in use on raceboards. And the 17 is probably the best in the whole range when they line up against other brands


... anyones opinion is fine by me, the more the merrier I say.

BTW I don't mind a team riders opinions, the way I see it, if they say its good and its not, what ever they say from then on is mud and most people can sift through the bull too (and some around here need to let everyone know they are not happy with what they read :lol: ).

I'd love to try one, and truth be known, I'm a loyal customer and would probably grab it if the local dealer got one in. But my problem with a leap of faith and just ordering one is, last time I did that I hated the kite. I usually get used to kites eventually but my last kite (eg 2012 Dyno) and I just don't get on.

Anyway, I would still like some info.

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:27 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Posts: 584
Location: Utah ish
I am off the water healing from surgery, 3 more weeks!! but have my Dynos I pumped up the 13 about a week ago and flew it in a very light breeze standing around. It seems very good.

The big changes are

5 strut

the new wing tip profile,

Dacron for most of the leading edge the wing tips are still D2 as are the struts.

The struts have hit the gym and are so much thinner.

The pulleys are gone the bridle is about the same.

The Manual and web site says it can only be flown on 5 lines. This is not true. My kite has attachment for four or five lines,and the fifth line is not loaded like the Vegas or Rebel. but with out the Pulleys on the front lines I don't think the safety system works, in four line mode. so you have to fly it on five lines if you want a usable safety.

that's all i know so far...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:57 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 848
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Billy B. wrote:
I am off the water healing from surgery, 3 more weeks!! but have my Dynos I pumped up the 13 about a week ago and flew it in a very light breeze standing around. It seems very good.

The big changes are

5 strut

the new wing tip profile,

Dacron for most of the leading edge the wing tips are still D2 as are the struts.
The struts have hit the gym and are so much thinner.

The pulleys are gone the bridle is about the same.

The Manual and web site says it can only be flown on 5 lines. This is not true. My kite has attachment for four or five lines,and the fifth line is not loaded like the Vegas or Rebel. but with out the Pulleys on the front lines I don't think the safety system works, in four line mode. so you have to fly it on five lines if you want a usable safety.

that's all i know so far...


... interesting, so let me see if I understand this, the LE is it a mix of dacron and D2 material ie LE is dacron from end strut to end strut with the tips in the lighter D2 material like the old Dyno 2011 used for the entire LE? Would love a pic? Infact pics of the whole kite would be appriciated!

I do a lot of self launching and durability is a concern of mine so I'd like to know about this.

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:36 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 757
Will hopefully give the 17 a go this weekend. Had mine for a week but no wind.

No pulleys on this one. Supposed to be completely different kite than LTD.

WE WILL C.

14


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:22 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 848
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
14ToeSide wrote:
Will hopefully give the 17 a go this weekend. Had mine for a week but no wind.

No pulleys on this one. Supposed to be completely different kite than LTD.

WE WILL C.

14


... cool! Can you take pics please, especially the LE materials! :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29545
Location: World (KF Admin)
Pls also test lift and hangtime!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: So ... why no info on the 2013 Dyno 17m?
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 848
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Toby wrote:
Pls also test lift and hangtime!


... yeah, what he said!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], jaystore, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group