*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Surf weight
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:20 pm
Posts: 155
The weight of a surf board has its importance.
Lets compare !
How much does your surf board weigh ?
So the comparison will be just also mention the size of the board and weigh it without straps. Astrodeck only.


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 am
Posts: 147
My 6.0 custom board weighs 6.8 pounds no footstraps.
I will weigh my Fone soon (left it at the club).

Also interesting too see if lighter boards tend to break more.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 113
Cab Thruster 6'1 2010 - almost 9 pounds :o


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 896
Location: Paname (suburb)
-
FireWire Vanguard 5'4 - 2,9kg (surf version with full deck pad and thruster)

Definitely too light (and fragile) for strapless freestyle, as the board was broken after our first heavy jump session with it on sunday :lol:
Attachment:
DSC07808.JPG
DSC07808.JPG [ 430.32 KIB | Viewed 826 times ]

Now looking forward to the "kite version" :cool2:

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


Last edited by Phil on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8566
Location: Oahu
sharky79 wrote:
The weight of a surf board has its importance.
Lets compare !
How much does your surf board weigh ?
So the comparison will be just also mention the size of the board and weigh it without straps. Astrodeck only.



Now I hope you do not assume that light is the best regardless of conditions?
There is a reason why a tow-in boards are heavy. It helps negotiate the chop.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:50 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:36 am
Posts: 113
Phil wrote:
-
FireWire Vanguard 5'4 - 2,9kg (surf version with full deck pad and thruster)

Definitely too light (and fragile) for strapless freestyle, as the board was broken after our first heavy jump session with it on sunday :lol:
Attachment:
DSC07808.JPG

Now looking forward to the "kite version" :cool2:

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


Looks like there is no longitude support on that board. Hope it didn't cost to much :roll:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 am
Posts: 106
Location: San Diego
I have a 5 kg 6' Caution Trespass for the surf, great on the surf and smooth on the chops. If it is 14 mph wind and up that is what I use, if it less then 14 mph then I use my 6' Firewire Potatonator surfboard (3.5 kg), which I also use for surfing when there is no wind. I have tried it in winds more than 14 mph and it starts to bounce to much not as smooth as the Trespass.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm
Posts: 96
ben newman wrote:
Looks like there is no longitude support on that board. Hope it didn't cost to much :roll:


:nono: ... this board has wood rails for longitudinal strenght

i'd love one of his Modern Planning Hull for light wind too :P (daniel Thomson)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:32 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 am
Posts: 317
Location: No fixed address
5'10 custom built by me.

6 lb 9 oz with stomp pad and fins.
easily could have made it lighter but
It's bombproof scratch proof and dent proof anywhere that matters. (top and rails)
For the most part I throw it around and don't even use a board bag.

It's nice when you aren't driven by profit just performance.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Surf weight
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:41 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 pm
Posts: 28
Johnny Rotten wrote:
5'10 custom built by me.

6 lb 9 oz with stomp pad and fins.
easily could have made it lighter but
It's bombproof scratch proof and dent proof anywhere that matters. (top and rails)
For the most part I throw it around and don't even use a board bag.

It's nice when you aren't driven by profit just performance.


Johnny -

Would you mind sharing some of the details about your construction techniques, methods, and materials?

Thanks.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amnonshlomo, Baidu [Spider], Bille, Bing [Bot], knotwindy, Ocean Extreme Sports, ulx and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group