All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Naish Park vs. Ride
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

slaterson19 wrote:
Just bought the version 1 12m ride for 599. I can get the 8 and 10m for 599 each as well. Should I do a 12,10,8 quiver and eventually get a 6M or just do a 12,8,6. I would get a 9M but they are 1100 bucks for the version 2. I weight 175-180 TT and directional board.

Last year the 10 was my most used size. I'm getting a lot of in on the 9 this year. They are all great kites. They are improved in version 2 for sure. What I would ask is really what size is the best for your spot. If 9 is the right answer then I would go for that...especially if waves are your preference...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:14 pm 
Frequent Poster

Have parks 8,6,2013,sold my 2012 10,14,thinking of getting 11 park,and fly.most used kite 8 meter park,wave ride only ,spend 2 months in florida so fly might be good,any ideas,on this quiver.Thanks Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 am 
Very Frequent Poster

tony montana wrote:
Have parks 8,6,2013,sold my 2012 10,14,thinking of getting 11 park,and fly.most used kite 8 meter park,wave ride only ,spend 2 months in florida so fly might be good,any ideas,on this quiver.Thanks Tony

Obviously it depends on use..I've been having a ball on the Drafts. If you are into freestyle I would definitely consider the Fly..I have not ridden the new one, but last years was a lot of fun. I like the drafts more because of racing. So for TT, even surf the fly is super fun...very very powerful..and gets good hang time in light wind. It is also very fast for its size.

11 Park is great kite. I had it out in triple overhead waves over here and the kite was perfect.
I would also consider 11 Ride unless you are power riding. The 11 and 8 would overlap fine, but I would consider 10 Ride then Fly...but it depends on how local conditions are, your weight and preference...

so TLDR; Yes good quiver, but other options are also good depending on use. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 am 
Frequent Poster

Speaking of the Fly, does it pull downwind a lot or is it pulling forward nicely. I don't mean flyying at he edge of the window. Getting fed up of those North, Core, edges (all good kites mind you) tha sit so much in front that as soos as your feet slow down a bit, the kite flies to the edge and dies. I want a forward pulling kite that keeps its power...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 am 
Very Frequent Poster

flipper231 wrote:
Speaking of the Fly, does it pull downwind a lot or is it pulling forward nicely. I don't mean flyying at he edge of the window. Getting fed up of those North, Core, edges (all good kites mind you) tha sit so much in front that as soos as your feet slow down a bit, the kite flies to the edge and dies. I want a forward pulling kite that keeps its power...

I flew the first version and thought it pulled downwind a lot. The second version apparently fixed that.

Better kite IMO - Ocean Rodeo Flite 17. More grunt, same speed and usefulness. There's a 15m version too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 am 
Very Frequent Poster

flipper231 wrote:

I don't think so. To me it was a good balance for getting upwind (light weight helps that) and sitting deep for nice lightwind tricks.
I went with the Draft this season for raceboarding.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 am 
Rare Poster

I have the 2014 Fly. Its saved a lot of sessions already! Really comes alive in 12-14kts but you can cruise on a big board as low as 8kt

I have had no problems at all staying upwind but it does sit back more than a race kite. Its perfect for light wind freestyle/freeride. Very similar handling to a 14 Park but works in much lighter wind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 pm 
Frequent Poster

Got 2 rides 2014 on the way,10 for light wind strapless,and 14 just to get out,need to teach my kids to kite,so should be good for all,we'll see,TONY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 pm 
Rare Poster

Just sold my Fly (1sr version). It was very good on a big TT but too much downwind pull to have fun on a freerace board ot lightwind surf board.
It was even difficult at time to get upwind wih the SB... So yes: lots of downwind pull.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 am 
Frequent Poster

Which of them will have the best hangtime ? Taout or anyone else - do you have an input on this ?

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next