All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Compare Naish Park and Best TS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey,
Can anybody help me to choose between the 2013 Park and Ts in 10m?
Im looking for a Freeride/ Wave kite. Direct, responsive Barfeel, good stable gust handling and nice easy lift.

Thanks,
K.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Compare Naish Park and Best TS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 pm 
Rare Poster

Just flew the new Best kit…and it is fantastic. The new TS is stable, fast and a very well balanced kite. Double rip stop canopy and top notch construction.
Can’t comment on the Parks, but hey if you can, try them and find your fit. I did the same…

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I've been riding the parks since they came out and they are just getting better and better. I think you'd like it.

I have not flown the TS, so no comparison...the problem with a comparison is that if a guy owns a kite and and briefly tests another kite it will be hard to really get a good comparison out of it since s/he is already calibrated to the other kite. That said, the parks do feel good from the get go...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 am 
Rare Poster

I am flying the TS v2 and absolutely love it. I have tried parks as well and they are nice kites but seem less stable than the TS.
The Park has pulleys and the TS doesn't so its an easy choice for me.
BUT Naish got rid of the pulleys for the 2014 Park so I suggest you wait for the new stuff and demo both kites.
Thats the only way to find out if you like it anyways. Also have a look at the new North Dice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey lumpy I like the look of the 2014 TS canopy...

What is the best TS built for, what is it's forte? Can you describe its power delivery and what you use it for?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 am 
Rare Poster

Hi Westozzy. I personally prefer the 2013 colors of the TS but that's just me 8)
The TS is Best's allround kite, the 2014 slogan even says "do it all". I can't really comment on how it behaves in the waves though as its not my style.
The Park will probably give you more power in the same size as the TS is quite heavy (5 struts, thicker ripstop material). Demo both the TS and the Park for 2014 and decide for yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

1968 wrote:
Im looking for a Freeride/ Wave kite. Direct, responsive Barfeel, good stable gust handling and nice easy lift.

Sorry to derail the discussion a bit, but I think the Best Kahoona fits that description better than the Best TS. If you want to unhook though the TS is the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Yeh I'm getting the impression the TS is more like say the Liquid Force Envy with it's other forte more wakestyle orientated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:40 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
Yeh I'm getting the impression the TS is more like say the Liquid Force Envy with it's other forte more wakestyle orientated.

They feel quite different though, the TS is more responsive and direct, sits a little farther forward in the window, and has more bar pressure. I feel like the envy drifts a bit better and is a little more forgiving for wakestyle, the TS feels more like a typical bridled kite in the unhooked department... if that makes sense. It still unhooks pretty well though. TS is a little quicker so it boosts a little better.

also just for clarification someone said the TS doesn't have any pulleys which is incorrect, it has one pulley either right where you connect the front line, or right above it somehwere, I don't remember.

[ 9 posts ]