All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: slingshot option bindings??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:50 pm 
Medium Poster

Ok I have a good deal on these binding. I have been looking to get boots. My question is what kind of board since I've heard people say that you should have the right board to match with boots. Advices please and any review on these boots.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: slingshot option bindings??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 am 
Rare Poster

Hi,
just check if this offer is better
http://www.slingshotsports.com/wake/pro ... 012-option

Btw you can use any board but usually a good tip is to check if it has insert for binding to avoid to destroy it.
I guess that if you are quite light (i'm 60) you can use virtually any boards.

I was using a quite flat board at the beginning, naish momentum, and now i'm using a cabrinha custom. I prefer the second one. With the first I had a good amount of speed and upwind ability and a very aggressive pop but the landing were quite hard and I needed to put ice on my knees after every session.

With the custom I found a little bit harder going upwind in particular with low wind but i've a lot of improvements with waves and chops and as the speed is not so high (I'll say more controlled) I can be more focused on the trick. The pop is super nice.
The landing are really soft now and due to the channels, even without fins or with short ones, I can control the board better (less slippery feel). And no more ice on knee after session :D

So first you can try with your board as long as it has good insert and i'll suggest you to demo board (a couple of session if you can) with high rocker and channels. Almost every brand has one of this board and there is a chart to see which one is the best for you. Used ones have a lot of scratches on the bottom and you can have for a fair price and brand new last years model are quite cheap too. In this case just check the reviews before buy.

Have a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 am 
Medium Poster

Hey, thanks a lot for the advice. That's actually the offer I'm talking about, unbeatable price for brand new. I guess I'll give it a shot then. Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm not a big fan of open toe's for kiting. As your edging you tend to slide out the front and smash your feet into them. All so a problem on very hot landings.

Yes rocker and a stiffness are your friends for a board that goes with boots. I'm using the SS Asylum but there are other boards out there that will work fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 am 
Rare Poster

TheJoe wrote:
I'm not a big fan of open toe's for kiting. As your edging you tend to slide out the front and smash your feet into them. All so a problem on very hot landings.

Yes rocker and a stiffness are your friends for a board that goes with boots. I'm using the SS Asylum but there are other boards out there that will work fine.

Agreed, closed toes are so much better for kiting. But at that price as a first set those look like a solid choice. Again though, make sure you have a board that's suitable for boots. It'll make it alot more enjoyable and you won't rip out the inserts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 am 
Very Frequent Poster

They suck! I have a new pair, bought em due to low price and they are for sale.
The fit is crappy compared to higher end boots. Not a big deal if your only wakeboarding for a 10min set, but crap when you wanna kite for over an hour. The straps blow open, but you can probably reverse them to open toward the instep. The hardware the strap runs through are sharp edged and will chew the straps in no time. In back using my old beat ronix until I find a new pair at a decent price. There is a reason you can find Options so cheap!

Oops,
I see your looking at lace ups. The 2011 were velcro

[ 6 posts ]