All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crazyfly raptor ltd. vs ABoards Z-series
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:53 am 
Rare Poster

I am looking for a board! Now I have a good offer for Crazyfly raptor ltd. 136x41 2012 and ABoards Z-series 136 2013. I weight 82kg and usually using 10m kite. I need a board what is good in chop and I am in a stage where I am learning first jumps. Can someone give comments about these boards?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Crazyfly raptor ltd. vs ABoards Z-series
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:25 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I can't comment on the Aboard but I have read some crew love it. My bro is around the same weight and has this board. I have also spent some time on the 132. Very light due to its carbon construction and yes very very good in the chop. The extra width is really nice. Still grips enough and wound be perfect to learn to jump with. Its not a real load pop freestyle board more a very comfortable freeride board so good for your use. For a one board quiver it would work really well but if you progress into more advanced moves one day you will probably need a more stiffer board for pop at the expense of comfort. But you are a long way off that. Right now and in the fair distant future it would be awesome for what you describe.

Only thing is, becareful near sunset or if in heavy swell, that black board is bloody hard to see when you need to retrieve. It looks a million bucks with the carbon weaving coming through but shithouse to see in the ocean.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 am 
Medium Poster

i 've tried many boards including Crazyfly Raptor and Aboards Z-series. in my opinion Z-series has as good chop, but it as also have good pop and truly it has a better planning as Crazyfly during the light wind. so my choice for freeride board is Z-series.
also what is important in last years Aboards keep the line of the bright colors so the board is much better seen then black colored Crazyfly. one more plus of Aboards they have really good pads.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

bayron wrote:
i 've tried many boards including Crazyfly Raptor and Aboards Z-series. in my opinion Z-series has as good chop, but it as also have good pop and truly it has a better planning as Crazyfly during the light wind. so my choice for freeride board is Z-series.
also what is important in last years Aboards keep the line of the bright colors so the board is much better seen then black colored Crazyfly. one more plus of Aboards they have really good pads.

+1. Very good low-end on the 2014 Z and VERY easy to see in the water, even in twilight!

Very comfy pads, I love 'em...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

The Z-series is a great board. Superb build quality, strong pop, comfy pads.
Good value for your buck!

You have to become a real wakestyle warrior to out grow it.

Lots of people ride boards that don't fit their needs, you can use the Z-series for a very long time!

There is a reason why it's selling out so soon.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Looks like I need to try one of these Z series..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 am 
Rare Poster

Z series from Aboards is just unreal.you cant go wrong. i own the same board and just love it

George B.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:34 am 
Medium Poster

I use Z for 2 years now .... 2012 and 2013 model .... you will like it .... Pads are superb and colorful board is easy to find in chop .... soft handle .... some flex on tips to make landings softer ....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm 
Medium Poster

guys, need another argument? :strong:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=630822430308832&set=a.120808234643590.18581.111650565559357&type=1&permPage=1

[ 9 posts ]