All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maui, Kanaha a shark attacked a unmanned kiteboard
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

2300 people are reported missing in the USA everyday. I won't be surprised that some of those end up in the tummy of Sharks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

I don't wanna kill any shark. I just want to use scientific or whatever methods to harass the fuck out them so they can learn it: "human in the water= get the fuck out " I think it can be done. Sharks can do their sharky things at the middle of the pacific and we can do our kitesurfing near the shore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:29 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hawaiis wrote:
2300 people are reported missing in the USA everyday. I won't be surprised that some of those end up in the tummy of Sharks.

I hear you. Not many like us who believe in the dreaded "land Shark" !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hawaiis wrote:

..but you are just making shit up to support an argument of a highly hypothetical increase in shark attacks. That is disingenuous way of arguing...

just know I am not out to get you, but I think the arguments should be based on science and available data not hypothetical speculation, biased opinions, fears and non-truths.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hawaiis wrote:

Jeez you really hate sharks!

This theory doesn't really make any sense. Don't most sharks let go after biting a human? What percentage of shark attacks leads to a shark swallowing someone whole with no trace? Even the deadly attacks are a bite and release it seems.

If you hate sharks so much, why not move somewhere with less sharks? Hawaii is probably the worst place to be! Maybe the Great Lakes are for you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

http://touch.khon2.com/r1606/4e4a5f04/

Maui officials: German visitor bitten by shark on life support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:17 am 
Frequent Poster

I was just thinking I should move to Hood River but then I was reading about how much pollution is in that water. That doesn't sound so good either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:26 am 
Very Frequent Poster

We are much more likely to be hurt by our own kites than we are by a shark.

Good article on shark attacks - http://randolphguide.com/newstouse/x216 ... e-uncommon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 am 
Medium Poster

stakas wrote:
I don't wanna kill any shark. I just want to use scientific or whatever methods to harass the fuck out them so they can learn it: "human in the water= get the fuck out " I think it can be done. Sharks can do their sharky things at the middle of the pacific and we can do our kitesurfing near the shore.

But that´s exactly the problem. We (humans) destroy their natural feeding grounds (far offshore!!!) by fishing extensively with these huge commercial boats and nets! This is not sustainable!!!
The result is, that sharks are looking for other feeding areas and come closer to the shores. But that´s not their fault, isn´t it???

We have to respect the ocean, sealife and sharks because it´s their "world" and we have to bahave like "guest" in the ocean. Without sharks, the whole ocean would be in an "imbalance". This also means, not to support the big commercial fishing industry!

I feel very sorry for all victims of shark attacks, but their are much more other risks we don´t even talk about!

Respoect the ocean!
Joerg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

WaveRider001 wrote:
But that´s exactly the problem. We (humans) destroy their natural feeding grounds (far offshore!!!) by fishing extensively with these huge commercial boats and nets! This is not sustainable!!!
The result is, that sharks are looking for other feeding areas and come closer to the shores. But that´s not their fault, isn´t it???

We have to respect the ocean, sealife and sharks because it´s their "world" and we have to bahave like "guest" in the ocean. Without sharks, the whole ocean would be in an "imbalance". This also means, not to support the big commercial fishing industry!

I feel very sorry for all victims of shark attacks, but their are much more other risks we don´t even talk about!

Respoect the ocean!
Joerg

An overly hippie view of the issue, and probably no more than a small percentage of the problem. Sharks fill a niche in the ocean environment - which extends all the way to the beach. They don't live out in the depths way the hell out the middle of nowhere, like some redneck hill hermit who only comes into town when he runs out of moonshine and sheep . . .

[ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next