Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

strong side shore current/ nugget

forum for kitesurfers


Michelks
Medium Poster
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:37 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Sao Sebastiao- Brazil
Favorite Beaches: tahiti, buzios
Style: freerider
Gear: crossbow 16, vegas 14,switchblade 12, crossbow 10
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby Michelks » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Michelks

Your kite area (14m2) to board area ratio was much better than during your initial post using a 8m2 !!

You will also do well with the 12m2 Rebel but any smaller kite does not balance that well with Nugget

With my Nugget 2013 i use almost exclusively my Core Riot XR3 LW 19m2 starting with 7kn wind

I have used my Nugget with my Rebel 12m2 once and it worked good also starting with 12kn wind


SupaEZ, I think 99% of nugget riders will disagree with your statement that the board doesn't balance well with small kites. In my case your statement is true, I had 4 session with the board , 3 with kite 14 or bigger and only one with the kite 8 that disappointed me. I prefer to believe that was my lack of skills and not the board the problem.
Michel

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby coleman » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:46 pm

I had a killer session on the bay with 9m wainman and nugget in 25+

I don't find that board has problems in higher wind at
All. I do ride it with front strap though. Really helps control the wide deck.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:58 am

Michelks wrote:SupaEZ, I think 99% of nugget riders will disagree with your statement that the board doesn't balance well with small kites.



99% of Nugget owners in 8m2 wind conditions would never consider using such a wide LW board

If you get to the beach and it is let's say 10m2 weather the Nugget is not a must go to board

Specialized LW Nugget balances better with larger kites sizes...21-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12m2

:surf: :cheers:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:09 am

coleman wrote:I had a killer session on the bay with 9m wainman and nugget in 25+
I don't find that board has problems in higher wind at
All. I do ride it with front strap though. Really helps control the wide deck.


Are you saying you had no back strap.........why?....with 2 straps you have 50% more control :wink:
I am not saying it cannot be done to ride high winds with small kite and 21" wide board.....but why?
Glad you had fun...that's what counts
:surf: :cheers:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby coleman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:48 am

SupaEZ wrote:
coleman wrote:I had a killer session on the bay with 9m wainman and nugget in 25+
I don't find that board has problems in higher wind at
All. I do ride it with front strap though. Really helps control the wide deck.


Are you saying you had no back strap.........why?....with 2 straps you have 50% more control :wink:
I am not saying it cannot be done to ride high winds with small kite and 21" wide board.....but why?
Glad you had fun...that's what counts
:surf: :cheers:


SupaEZ wrote:
coleman wrote:I had a killer session on the bay with 9m wainman and nugget in 25+
I don't find that board has problems in higher wind at
All. I do ride it with front strap though. Really helps control the wide deck.


Are you saying you had no back strap.........why?....with 2 straps you have 50% more control :wink:
I am not saying it cannot be done to ride high winds with small kite and 21" wide board.....but why?
Glad you had fun...that's what counts
:surf: :cheers:



Because the nugget responds differently in turns with different back foot positions. I find I move my back foot around quite a bit depending on what I want to get out of the board. So because of that I just use the front strap. That way I still have leverage. You should try it, I have tried strapless and fully strapped and I prefer it this way by a long shot.

As far as riding the nugget in high wind I can tell you I am not alone. I find it to be very different to a normal surfboard shape. Feels like a different animal all together.

Really locks into power upwind far better than my wam but also does ok as high speed on downwind runs, though not as composed as my sector. I think the nugget crosses over into freeride/all terrain really well. Like said, I had a freaking blast doing surface loops, carving all over and going way upwind and downwind lit on my smoke.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Using only a front foot strap is quite old fashion
Nobody does that anymore
Hey there is 18 inches of space between front and back strap...
.... so plenty of room to move back foot around to trim board and stuff etc...etc...

Leave the back strap there and don't use it unless it is absolutely necessary

The back strap on the Nugget is in a perfect location right over the fins and near the tail ...
...for out of this world powerful full speed carves with maximum leverage

No need to limit yourself to "surface" loops as you call it

Get some real big air on your kiteloop downloop forward back toeside frontside transitions

Just imagine raceboards with no back straps
Just imagine a new trend with TT's using just one strap
Just imagine riding with one boot only
You got 2 feet...either go barefoot...or wear 2 sandals on your feet
Start a new trend and wear only one sandal or one shoe at work

:surf: :cheers:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby coleman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Using only a front foot strap is quite old fashion
Nobody does that anymore
Hey there is 18 inches of space between front and back strap...
.... so plenty of room to move back foot around to trim board and stuff etc...etc...

Leave the back strap there and don't use it unless it is absolutely necessary

The back strap on the Nugget is in a perfect location right over the fins and near the tail ...
...for out of this world powerful full speed carves with maximum leverage

No need to limit yourself to "surface" loops as you call it

Get some real big air on your kiteloop downloop forward back toeside frontside transitions

Just imagine raceboards with no back straps
Just imagine a new trend with TT's using just one strap
Just imagine riding with one boot only
You got 2 feet...either go barefoot...or wear 2 sandals on your feet
Start a new trend and wear only one sandal or one shoe at work

:surf: :cheers:


That's two posts in a row using the term old fashioned. I think you are running out of arguments. I am riding the board the way it works best for me.

Hey guess what Supa, different people like different things. It's like you are a child arguing why the color blue is the bestest color ever in the whole wide world.

I explained why I have one strap and it is perfectly logical due to the fact that it suits my preferences. I have no real need to boost big air
On my surfboard. I use a twin tip for that.

And yes I have rear straps on my mikes lab, so your comparison that having a raceboard without rear straps is somehow in the same ballpark is absurd. If you have ridden a proper raceboard then you would know that it is not comparable to riding a surf board in anyway.

Once again your incredible douchness knows no limits.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Name calling already.........i see
Well enjoy riding the bay with one front strap in 25+ wind using a 21" wide board designed for LW
You are really sending a nice message out there about common sense and logic
BTW how's Olnb ?

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: texas
Contact:

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby coleman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:20 pm

I have yet to come across another forum member so poorly received as you. If you don't want to be called out then maybe you should try to engage people differently, with some respect. Instead you seek to one up everybody. Most people in here see you as an idiot, despite your years and years and years and years Of self proclaimed expert experience.

Fact remains, the nugget has some high performance free ride built into it. It maybe designed for lightwind but I have had fun on it in stronger wind and god forbid a single foot strap.

Listen up, it took me 5 minutes to realize the nugget is not like my other surfboard. And despite its width it locks into power better than my wam when riding on lakes and bays. Better for freeride in any wind. I didn't have to do alot of testin to come to this conclusion, it took 5 minutes and it was obvious.

You go ahead and ride your gear the way that gear is marketed to the public Supa. I will ride my gear as I see fit.

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: none
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: strong side shore current/ nugget

Postby letsgoflyakite » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm

coleman wrote:I have yet to come across another forum member so poorly received as you. If you don't want to be called out then maybe you should try to engage people differently, with some respect. Instead you seek to one up everybody. Most people in here see you as an idiot, despite your years and years and years and years Of self proclaimed expert experience.

Fact remains, the nugget has some high performance free ride built into it. It maybe designed for lightwind but I have had fun on it in stronger wind and god forbid a single foot strap.

Listen up, it took me 5 minutes to realize the nugget is not like my other surfboard. And despite its width it locks into power better than my wam when riding on lakes and bays. Better for freeride in any wind. I didn't have to do alot of testin to come to this conclusion, it took 5 minutes and it was obvious.

You go ahead and ride your gear the way that gear is marketed to the public Supa. I will ride my gear as I see fit.


+1 :thumb: If no one tried anything different we would still be using sky pirates and 'c' kites, because someone really liked them that way. Others thought outside the box and tried other methods, and viva that.

Anyway EZ, I think directionals are old fashioned, keep up with the times and get a TT :rollgrin:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alamos_kiter, Bing [Bot], Frank82, iriejohn and 24 guests