All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 6m "C" Style Kite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 am 
Very Frequent Poster

JGTR wrote:
The moral of the story???

Plummet doesn't know what he's talking about :lol:

Just because you rode your Reo on a windy day when no one else went out doesn't really prove anything :-? Great story though :thumb:

Maybe I wasn't clear. The boys had been out. They found the conditions no fun to ride in. Flagged it and came in.
So.. the C kite was unenjoyable and not worth continueing the session. The low aspect sle. great fun.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

TheRussian wrote:
lol..... I agree with Peter - although I love (proper) c's, a small c can be a handful. I had a 5.5m X3 and it was v hard work

They don't make theses kites any more so how will the OP end up buying a X3 :lol:

Modern C kites are very user friendly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am 
Frequent Poster

But the question is how many 6m non 'c' kites has JGTR flown? :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am 
Very Frequent Poster

fdvj wrote:
But the question is how many 6m non 'c' kites has JGTR flown? :D

I regularly fly 2013 North Neos and Evos, I have access to full quiver 5m up to 14m :D (14m only in Evos) owned a first gen Sonic quiver (awesome kites) a full quiver of Waroos, a full quiver of Nobile 555s, Naish Cults and Bolts for a few sessions. Airush One aswell but not for long. Currently own 2007 - 2010 Torches. Before that I owned various c kites from 2005 ish, Elements, CO2s, Fuel, Yargas (both C and SLE), full quiver 2005 Rhinos and 2006 Rhinos, Wipika Hydra, Naish Ravens........that answer your question??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 pm 
Frequent Poster

C-kites are more fun 9-13 in my opinion. And if you havent godt any jet, small sizes are not the best choice. I have ridden in som crazy conditions 62knots++ but wouldnt dare with my C. Have both friendly and c in small sizes... But hardly ride the c smaker than 9... You can get a bit loop with the kite low and not feel like you are going to die with a kinder one. Love my 9-11-13 though. The 7c is good for passing in more stable conditions, but i'll prefere a kinder one for those storm days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm 
Medium Poster

Thanks, great advice. I agree, when it's 6m weather here in Ontario, it's usually pretty gusty (30-40knots) too. Flying something with lots of range and de-power is probably best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm 
Rare Poster

JGTR wrote:
TheRussian wrote:
lol..... I agree with Peter - although I love (proper) c's, a small c can be a handful. I had a 5.5m X3 and it was v hard work

They don't make theses kites any more so how will the OP end up buying a X3 :lol:

I have a 6m X3 - Its awesome until you crash it. Then it sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

JTGR is right. :thumb:
Switch Combat2 comes out of the bag with alternate front line attachments (higher on the LE Tube) for those looking for improved de-power. Multiple rear line attachments to adjust turning speed. The 5, 6 & 7sqm sizes are designed as 4-liners (with optional 5th) and re-launch is nearly instant by pulling a single rear line. Second season now consistently on the PKRA podium. Fun, simple, high-performance kites and nothing to be afraid of... :thumb: :thumb:
JGTR wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Gotta love how some interesting topics tend to go south around here... :thumb: :lol:

That being said, you guys need to realize that a typical 6m-day on Great Lakes (or any other deep-in-land lake for that matter) is quite far from a typical 6m-day on any coast. I have seen too many flat-ish kites (like SB, Cores and even Bandits 1/2) inverting in these conditions upon being hit by a really strong gust while it's fully de-powered, so my-self I have a tendency to recommend something C-shaped for these nuking conditions as kites with a deep profile are a lot more stable and are basically inversion - proof. As such something like RPM, C4, Envy, Vector, B5/6 etc are hard to go wrong in these sizes, but going for a pure c-kite - would most likely end up as a big disappointment - riding a low depower kite in punchy 28-40+ isn't fun at all.

Cheers!

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2