Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

beginner accident ...who is at fault...

Forum for kitesurfers
aircatcher
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beginner accident ...who is at fault...

Postby aircatcher » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 am

Umm...there was a few times we just had to gang up and irritate some rookie out of our beach for his stubbornly stupid attitude.Sorry but we have to do that for everybody safety.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 am

William Munney wrote:Beginners should practice in spots where:
*they are not launching amongst non-kiters.
*the water is shallow enough and the bottom firm enough that they can stop at any point and walk back to the starting point or self-rescue (or there is a short and safe downwind landing with no people walking on the beach)
*they do not overfly non-kiters in the water or on the beach, keeping well more than a line length separation.
*there are a minimum of hard objects

so there you have it. Stay away from Oahu all together if you are a beginner..this will disqualify a lot of spots :-)

Kitester: you know how many times I've been yelled at for giving advice about not going out / different spots / lessons? Not few..including threatened with violence...that guy ended up ripping his brand new kite after inflating it by mouth lol...or the guy insisting on going out in way too much wind because "11 is the only kite I have"...

I categorically disagree that anyone but the pilot is responsible.

Rule 1 of Kiteboarding:
Pilot is ALWAYS responsible.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:18 am

tautologies wrote: ...

Kitester: you know how many times I've been yelled at for giving advice about not going out / different spots / lessons?
I was Kicked Out of Mohave by the locals when i first showed up as a beginner ;
i was F*cken PISSED !!!

So i learned at Lake Mead, then went Back to Mohave later. Even with the year &1/2
i got at Mead, i "Still" had to use ALL the knowledge i acquired on a HG to stay
alive at Mohave. That place is down-right Dangerous when the wind switches
to the SW !!! WAY too much to think about as a beginner .

BTW -- your Rule 1 of Kiteboarding:
Pilot is ALWAYS responsible.

Totally agree with Ya, but if the guy you give advise to ----fuckes-up---- and hurt's
himself
you Can expect his lawyer to visit Ya, (("IF" you Have anything of value)) !!
I would Homestead your house so they can't take it away from Ya ; they Will
if they can. I'm NOT shitting Ya !!!!!! :nono:

Bille

This will apply most Anywhere in the USA

http://dca.lacounty.gov/tshomestead.html
- wrote: Homestead Protection

If you are sued in court and lose, the person who sued you may try to force the sale of your home to collect their money. A homestead makes it harder for them to do this. ...

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 am

holy crap, guys!
Did not think this much anger would come of this.

IF WE WOULD POST EVERY SINGLE KITEMARE , the internet would explode. (capslock, sorry) :bye:

If there were no beginners, there wouldn't be anyone kiting.
It was an accident, thats it. He learned more because of it, than with any previous lessons.
What about old dude who went into wall, or other guy who went over house, or kite in tree for a week, or....all same spot btw
anywho,... we all mad since wind died...
cheeriooo
:jump: :jump:

and yes, K.... Jeff is needed and missed (not dead, just moved)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 am

FabsPH wrote: and yes, K.... Jeff is needed and missed (not dead, just moved)
:lol: :lol: we can get R fired up tho?

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:30 am

Who's at fault? Anyone standing around who was experienced enough to see a beginner was putting up too much kite for the conditions. Beginners don't know this shit. Help them out and don't be an arrogant dick head about it. If the beginner gets attitude because someone is trying to help them then the beginner gets what he deserves. We have kiters at our local spots who have been kiting only a few months who act and talk like they have kited 20 years. I'll take a willing to learn and modest beginner any day over a self rightous dick head kiter who thinks he knows it all.

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:37 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:Who's at fault? Anyone standing around who was experienced enough to see a beginner was putting up too much kite for the conditions. Beginners don't know this shit. Help them out and don't be an arrogant dick head about it. If the beginner gets attitude because someone is trying to help them then the beginner gets what he deserves. We have kiters at our local spots who have been kiting only a few months who act and talk like they have kited 20 years. I'll take a willing to learn and modest beginner any day over a self rightous dick head kiter who thinks he knows it all.
Holy cow, there is a lot of anger in your post.
...and so much wrong,... oh boy...
1st: guys were super nice, asked questions, etc
2: hardly any wind, 0-12 max (mph)
3: he deserves it? FU
4: Beginners don't know this shit? So, you were born a pro kiter?
f that, I am done... nobody posting here was there, all got blown out of proportion,... and my original question was totally ignored ...

PS: there are people out there who do not want help and think there are the shit,..... just be the bigger man,..please
aloha

Beamrider
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Al Bahia Beach, Abu Dhabi
Gear: Flysurfer Boost V1 9m and 13m
Flysurfer Speed4 Lotus 18m
Flysurfer Radical4

Postby Beamrider » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:01 am

tautologies wrote:...that guy ended up ripping his brand new kite after inflating it by mouth lol...
Wait, what? Is that actually a thing? That kite must have been massively underinflated...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 am

Beamrider wrote:
tautologies wrote:...that guy ended up ripping his brand new kite after inflating it by mouth lol...
Wait, what? Is that actually a thing? That kite must have been massively underinflated...
Yes..it was a 16...on a day I did not even pump up my 10...we were 4 people trying to convince him to not go. I think he borrowed a pump from someone else at a point...but the kite was still massively underinflated..which matter little since his buddy tried to launch almost straight downwind..and the kite promptly ended in the tree...we were all told to f*** off by the guy.

Atleast there were not many other people at the beach..

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 am

FabsPH wrote:
Kiteus Maximus wrote:Who's at fault? Anyone standing around who was experienced enough to see a beginner was putting up too much kite for the conditions. Beginners don't know this shit. Help them out and don't be an arrogant dick head about it. If the beginner gets attitude because someone is trying to help them then the beginner gets what he deserves. We have kiters at our local spots who have been kiting only a few months who act and talk like they have kited 20 years. I'll take a willing to learn and modest beginner any day over a self rightous dick head kiter who thinks he knows it all.
PS: there are people out there who do not want help and think there are the shit,..... just be the bigger man,..please
aloha
I believe that was the point Kiteus Maximus was making.

Return to “Kitesurfing”