Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

forum for kitesurfers


kiwimike
Medium Poster
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: thailand
Contact:

IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby kiwimike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:43 am

to the remaining 40 iko kite schools,

insurance company suedwestring is no longer requiring schools to be iko affiliated with iko. any school requiring insurance can contact suedwestring directly on at mriegger@suedwestring.de
as there are so few iko schools remaining suedwestring no longer gives any discount for iko affiliation.



DIRECT QUOTE FROM SUEDWESTRING

yes it is true - for us it is not necessary that your school is IKO affiliated!

We just can give higher discounts for VDWS e.V. or VdS e.V. affiliated schools.
So if you are interested in getting school membership in one of these organizations,
please contact VDWS or VdS directly.

User avatar
uncle sammy
Medium Poster
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:11 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby uncle sammy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:25 am

:thumb:

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: thailand
Contact:

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby kiwimike » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 pm

uncle sammy wrote::thumb:


I guess the insurance company does not see iko as adding any safety benefit to schools. Is quite a blow to an organisation who tries to pass itself off as being beneficial. Another nail in the coffin.

dafish
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: jervis bay nsw
Style: surf/ oldschool
Gear: xenon la luz
xenon Vidra
xenon Prisma
Brand Affiliation: small potato rep

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby dafish » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 am

well maybe so. I have sent in my info twice to Martina and have not got a quote back nor response. This is after several months. Still waiting...

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: thailand
Contact:

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby kiwimike » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:30 am

iko only responds to emails regarding payment of money to them. i suggest you contact the insurance company directly.


dafish wrote:well maybe so. I have sent in my info twice to Martina and have not got a quote back nor response. This is after several months. Still waiting...

dafish
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: jervis bay nsw
Style: surf/ oldschool
Gear: xenon la luz
xenon Vidra
xenon Prisma
Brand Affiliation: small potato rep

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby dafish » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 pm

you misunderstand what I am saying. I am referring to the insurance company you posted up. I have contacted them, and Martina, the woman who sent me the forms, has not gotten back to me. This is going outside of IKO. I can't get insurance through IKO without having an level 2 instructor, and as I am only a level one and have a small setup, there is not much I can do. Luckily there is a company in Australia that has given me a quote so I know sort of where I stand. But never the less, the company that you put up (mriegger) has not responded despite my repeated efforts and full risk assessments and plans that I have.

User avatar
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 644
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 1:11 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Style: wave,big air,megaloops
Gear: Epic kites,g-force boards,cohete surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby nikalaitzian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:16 am

kiwimike wrote:
uncle sammy wrote::thumb:


I guess the insurance company does not see iko as adding any safety benefit to schools. Is quite a blow to an organisation who tries to pass itself off as being beneficial. Another nail in the coffin.


IKO my ass :lol:

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: pattaya
Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: thailand
Contact:

Re: IKO no longer required for kite school insurance

Postby kiwimike » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Sorry. There was a martina also working as a secetary for iko. Anyone who ever phoned iko knows who she is. Pretty unpleasent and unhelpfull to put it nicely. Who is the aussie company? I need insurance for my school.

dafish wrote:you misunderstand what I am saying. I am referring to the insurance company you posted up. I have contacted them, and Martina, the woman who sent me the forms, has not gotten back to me. This is going outside of IKO. I can't get insurance through IKO without having an level 2 instructor, and as I am only a level one and have a small setup, there is not much I can do. Luckily there is a company in Australia that has given me a quote so I know sort of where I stand. But never the less, the company that you put up (mriegger) has not responded despite my repeated efforts and full risk assessments and plans that I have.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests