Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

forum for kitesurfers


andrepen
Rare Poster
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Buzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby andrepen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:26 pm

They have boats to take the surfers up the point... But only when is big.

User avatar
FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:57 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground
Contact:

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby FabsPH » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:47 pm

we got to change our and their name:
WE are true wind surfers, we use wind and a surf board, they use a HUGE board and a sail, Sail boarders.

I think we need to let them know that not only its been canceled, but also that we took their name.
WE ARE WINDSURFERS!!!

but of course, respect the right of way and any other ocean vessel/ user.
Remember, we have way more fun and they are just jealous . Be safe out there.

donchin
Frequent Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 pm

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby donchin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:15 pm

you guys that think that the first one on the wave has priority......clearly don't know the rules of riding a wave.....as written by a surfer.

I would like to see you telling a surfer that you were first on HIS wave.

The only person that you can claim to be first on a wave is to another kitesurfer.

Grab a surfboard...learn to surf.....then make up the rules.

kenny KAF
Medium Poster
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:14 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Beauduc, France
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, France :-)
Style: old style, big air!
Gear: Peter Lynn kites and old F-one SK8
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn kiteboarding
Location: france
Contact:

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby kenny KAF » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I do not have any surfing background so I may miss a point somewhere BUT, to ME, nobody owns the sea, nobody owns a wave, nobody can tell someone that there is a law to observe and to agree with even if this law is not something really legal and written in a country.

Because you live near the sea gives you priority over somebody else? F...K NO!! Who are you to claim you deserve more respect than a man coming to the spot for the first time??? Apart being some selfish bastard with enormous ego, I don't see what can prove you're right!!!

If you are not intelligent enough to play on the sea (because that's what we do: play) in good terms with others, you should really take a therapy.

I read the same kind of message last year on a french forum: The authorities were looking to ban the access to a huge beach which is perfect for any wind activity: kite or windsurf. One guy was claiming over kitesurf forums that it was a good point as it will send back to their homes everybody coming to this beach for the week-end leaving him the place to practice his kite-buggy as he was just hating kitesurfers... He was saying that he could still go to this beach as he was a local rider and did not care about the laws but was ok with it so others could not come anymore. This kind of statment is just plain stupid and show how silly humans can be!!!

Now, when I kitesurf, I go far away offshore: far from the beginners so I do not disturb them from learning, far from the surfers because they crash regulary and do not respect the sailing priorities once in the waves, far from the so-called experts (by themselves) doing the wakestyle as they are freaking dangerous (claiming the flat water is THEIR riding area)... Well, I ride away from anyone who could disturb me or I could disturb myself but I find there are too many people thinking for themselves rather than looking at what goes around them...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
sindarlotodo
Medium Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 am
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Lago di Como
Gear: Airush DNA 6m 2012
Best Kahoona 9.5 2015
Best Kahoona 13,5 2011
Clash Reincarnation 138 2012
North Freestyle fish 5'3 2009
Naish Alaia 2013
White door LW unknown
Ocean Rodeo Mako 150 2013
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Milan

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby sindarlotodo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm

kenny KAF wrote:I do not have any surfing background so I may miss a point somewhere BUT, to ME, nobody owns the sea, nobody owns a wave, nobody can tell someone that there is a law to observe and to agree with even if this law is not something really legal and written in a country.

Because you live near the sea gives you priority over somebody else? F...K NO!! Who are you to claim you deserve more respect than a man coming to the spot for the first time??? Apart being some selfish bastard with enormous ego, I don't see what can prove you're right!!!

If you are not intelligent enough to play on the sea (because that's what we do: play) in good terms with others, you should really take a therapy.

I read the same kind of message last year on a french forum: The authorities were looking to ban the access to a huge beach which is perfect for any wind activity: kite or windsurf. One guy was claiming over kitesurf forums that it was a good point as it will send back to their homes everybody coming to this beach for the week-end leaving him the place to practice his kite-buggy as he was just hating kitesurfers... He was saying that he could still go to this beach as he was a local rider and did not care about the laws but was ok with it so others could not come anymore. This kind of statment is just plain stupid and show how silly humans can be!!!

Now, when I kitesurf, I go far away offshore: far from the beginners so I do not disturb them from learning, far from the surfers because they crash regulary and do not respect the sailing priorities once in the waves, far from the so-called experts (by themselves) doing the wakestyle as they are freaking dangerous (claiming the flat water is THEIR riding area)... Well, I ride away from anyone who could disturb me or I could disturb myself but I find there are too many people thinking for themselves rather than looking at what goes around them...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

+10000000000

Dr Makani
Medium Poster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:39 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: CA, HI
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: CA, HI

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby Dr Makani » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:46 pm

This written rule on the wall is actually a compliment to me as a kiter. The author of this board is obviously such a miesly and grumpy waterman that he needs a 'rule' to claim his authority? :D :D

Well, where I kite everything is in the water; surfer, kids, swimmer, windsurfer, j-boats, turtles and even sharks - guess what? WE ALL NEED TO GET ALONG. Good watermen know how to behave and give way regardless of their 'legal' status on (or in) the water. You give courtesy, you say 'yeah', you receive courtesy, you say 'thank you' and when you need courtesy, you apologize.

If someone really doesn't want me around why do I need to join a hostile environment? As a kiter I have the onlookers on my side anyway. :D

And as far as it goes for kids and surfers - I like them in the water - sharks see them first.

peace

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby plummet » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:52 pm

donchin wrote:you guys that think that the first one on the wave has priority......clearly don't know the rules of riding a wave.....as written by a surfer.

I would like to see you telling a surfer that you were first on HIS wave.

The only person that you can claim to be first on a wave is to another kitesurfer.

Grab a surfboard...learn to surf.....then make up the rules.


So...... because surfing was around before kiting they get to make all the rules? Is this this the case?

Should we apply this same theory to the road? perhaps we should have all road rules designed around the horse and cart because they were around before cars? That would make for some sensible rules.... Not.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby Westozzy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Surfers who don't know about kites do tend to get a bit nervous with lines passing over them, around them. Especially here we get a lot of dads who take out their little grommets from time to time. Hence when I see that I tend to stay well away. Dads get over protective as they should!

Also as I said they need to access the waves through a small window of space, we have far more versatility. Hence why I respect that.

Except what does piss me off is this. Surf has been crankin all day when there has been no wind. They have had 6 to 7 hours or classic wave time.

Then the wind kicks in and the is some dicksnap sitting there in 20 knots plus without a hope of hell getting a decently formed wave right at the best access point to a wave. Basically just getting in the way and being a fucking nuisance. They can't even make the first section yet we can and another and another and another...that gives me the shits.

It is then my theory above goes out the window and I will treat him like any kiter and windsurfer and follow the basic right of way of a wave.

But when in Rome as I say. I would say if I was in Hawaii I would be very careful to not piss off the locals as some of my mates have and well, lets say they didn't just have a chat with them. :D

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:21 am

plummet wrote:Should we apply this same theory to the road? perhaps we should have all road rules designed around the horse and cart because they were around before cars? That would make for some sensible rules.... Not.

Ackshully . . . 7th from the top and 2nd up from the bottom.
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/pennsylvania

And lest you think it's just the Seppo's - "In London, England, law required taxi drivers to carry a bale of hay on top of their caps to feed their horses. The law was in force until 1976."

:lol:

User avatar
geir
Medium Poster
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:10 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Iceland

Re: Pacasmayo waves - Windsurfers have priority???

Postby geir » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 am

Regarding windsurfers vs. kiteboarders issue in our friendly local community we are strangely outnumbered by windsurfing guys (10 guys vs. 5 kiters at best). I used to belong to the dark side so in my mind basic sailing rules apply. The less maneuverable vessel has right of way. Makes sense I think when on a collision course with a windsurfer. Get out of his way! It's a lot easier for us kiteboarders to change direction with a flashy jump transition, go upwind or downwind... whatever.

On a wave I would say is a different matter. Have to agree with the surfing rule of who's on the wave owns it.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 16 guests