All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best kite for jumping?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

You seem to be a beginner, so go for something popular that also jumps good, that way you can ask for advice from your mates.

North vegas, ozone edge, best waroo, epic screamer, rrd obsession.

All good, stable and popular enough to get help and advice.

I prefer the rrd obsession as it is stable in gusts, so it means i am comfortable jumping in more extreme conditions.

Technique and big balls are 90 percent of jump height. The kite helps for sure, but you'll go big holding down a mid AR kite in high winds.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 pm 
Medium Poster

Check out the Switch Nitro's. I have the N2 12m and riding a little overpowered it boosts super high and hangs for a long time. It is every bit as good a boosting kite as the Ozone Edge. I have the Edge 15m, fyi. I'm 215lbs and always ride a larger kite on any given day. Very, very pleased with the N2. N3's are coming out soon and promise to be awesome..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Any one you give to Jesse Richman. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The is leaving the water technique, and there what do you do while in the air...and the all important what technique you do when coming down! This again changes depending on what kite you are riding.

Float, glide, hang time etc is dependant on the riders skill and the type of wing in the air for sure.

If you are a beginner then start with a medium aspect kite first, then maybe move into something with more aspect, like a screamer, fuse and you could even go to the race extreme like an edge or dyno. They each have their own individual power delivery characteristics and how they boost and work once you are in the air.

You can go big on any kite in the right winds.... , with the right rider :D

Also depends on what you want to do once you are up there as well... :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello GrodanBoll,
The best thing for you to do if you get a chance will be to demo some of these kites people are referring to. And this is the reason why I am not afraid to let people demo the EPIC kites because I know the results after they demo them.
A good example will be few weeks ago a kiter emailed me from California wanting to dome the SCREAMER kite because of having few choices to choose from, but heard about the SCREAMER model. So I sent him a SCREAMER 12 nine days ago and yesterday I received an email from him wanting to buy (2) SCREAMER 12. One for him and one for his friend because he also had the chance to test it and loved it. He is also ordering (1) SCREAMER 9. So in few words he is ordering (2) SCREAMER 12 and (1) SCREAMER 9.
If you want I can put you in touch with him so you can see what he has to say about the SCREAMER models compare to the other kites he tried. My email is: dimitri@epickites.com in case you need his info.
But again the best thing will be to demo the kites so you can make your own opinion. :thumb:

Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm 
Medium Poster

GrodanBoll wrote:
To jump high..... when it comes to jumping. I figured... hard to jump with ... easier to jump ... better for jumping ... is suitable for jumping or not,... is good for jumping ... the "best" jumping kites ... a kite perform well for jumps? ....

Why is it called jumping? I don't ever recall pushing down with my legs as I'm about to take off.

.. I prefer yanked..

I get f'n yanked on my switchblade.

so perhaps the question is, which kite is better than the switchblade (2010) for going airborne.. and I hear the new ones have their grunt factor back. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 pm 
Medium Poster

Best Nemesis HP 9m from 2008 - still the best

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
Frequent Poster

Yeah im with you guys... I liked they 2009 10m Eclipse thruster, for fast turning aggressive jumping and looping. The trade off was bottom end and slower relaunch... but in 25 knts who cares.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm 
Medium Poster

Ozone Edge the one and only boost kite! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm 
Frequent Poster

Kichen dude - you would be correct if no one else had already posted - what a shame ;)

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next