Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RPM Wind range over different years

forum for kitesurfers


letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: none
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

RPM Wind range over different years

Postby letsgoflyakite » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Anyone got an idea of the relative wind ranges of an 8m RPM over the different years? Looking to find a match for an existing kite, and believe they changed the kite power range in different years. Not sure wether their wind range charts are accurate. Every year they seem to have increased bottom end, but is that accurate ?

lander
Frequent Poster
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am

Re: RPM Wind range over different years

Postby lander » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Even that the windrange has increased and the kite has improved, a 8 is still a 8

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: none
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: RPM Wind range over different years

Postby letsgoflyakite » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:43 pm

lander wrote:Even that the windrange has increased and the kite has improved, a 8 is still a 8


You mean like a 2011 12m is still a 12 :lol: Except it had a similar range to the 10m. Thats why I asked for the 'relative' wind range of different years. Changing foil shape changes wind range. You need to fly an old TD 2 14m in 20k, then tell me all 14m are the same. A Rally 12m does not have the same range as a 12m RPM.

User avatar
dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1754
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Kiting since: 1901
Gear: N/A

Re: RPM Wind range over different years

Postby dyyylan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:20 am

supposedly from 2013 onwards the 12m is actually a 12m

lander
Frequent Poster
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am

Re: RPM Wind range over different years

Postby lander » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 am

letsgoflyakite wrote:
lander wrote:Even that the windrange has increased and the kite has improved, a 8 is still a 8


You mean like a 2011 12m is still a 12 :lol: Except it had a similar range to the 10m. Thats why I asked for the 'relative' wind range of different years. Changing foil shape changes wind range. You need to fly an old TD 2 14m in 20k, then tell me all 14m are the same. A Rally 12m does not have the same range as a 12m RPM.


I think that even the wind range has improved the sweetspot of a 8 is the same

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: none
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: RPM Wind range over different years

Postby letsgoflyakite » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

dyyylan wrote:supposedly from 2013 onwards the 12m is actually a 12m


Think your right. The early ones overlappped the 10, felt almost the same kite, didn't want to fall into the same trap with an 8, especially as I might get a s/h early 2010.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bushflyr, lindseym and 10 guests