All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm 
Rare Poster

So far only respond from MOSES HYDROFOILS :thumb:

Still waiting for Carfino :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Arcsrule wrote:
I've got a new 2014 Carifino in production--one of 90 if I remember correctly. The carifino website was just updated with 2014 info. It appears this may be a new design with changeable parts. I've not asked that specific question. Mr Carifino is a very friendly man and was posting on this forum for a short time. he was run off by the grammar police so I don't expect him to come back and share his knowledge with us again.

Carafino was not run off because of his grammar.
If he's left the forum it's more likely because he basically claimed to be the only real hydrofoil maker and everyone else stole his design from him and that they all suck because they don't know all the secrets he does. He actually posted pictures of broken competitor foils!
Even if what he claims was true(and it likely is), it either shows a lack restraint and integrity or a basic misunderstanding of business ethics and immaturity.
I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Laughingman wrote:
I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above
it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:
:thumb:
Same token since english is my second language,
in my mother language using capital letter when somebody wants to make a point is correct
because this is an international forum :roll:
Knowledge is the name of the game here to avoid buying sh!t product, isn't it :?:
So presenting other brand's faulty product is correct to shed true light as information on this forum,
from my perspective.
Why hide the truth with a dark mask, what is important for us as forum readers :?:
All I'm saying is I've seen a lot of hyped up lies and biased reviews here
and sometimes it's not easy to filter out the BS, so it's hard to make a decision;
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 am 
Very Frequent Poster

DrLightWind wrote:
Laughingman wrote:
I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above
it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:
:thumb:
in my mother language using capital letter when somebody wants to make a point is correct
Knowledge is the name of the game here to avoid buying sh!t product, isn't it :?:
So presenting other brand's faulty product is correct to shed true light as information on this forum,
from my perspective.
Why hide the truth with a dark mask, what is important for us as forum readers :?:
and sometimes it's not easy to filter out the BS, so it's hard to make a decision;
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:

His last visit was the first few days of Oct. shortly after this web page was posted.
http://carafinouk.com/indexcara.html

I think he quickly found out what happens when you don't play fair in the sand box. So now we have two sides to a story. Which one is right or where is the middle ground.? A person with integrity would not have started slinging mud but instead they would become an asset to the community through the sharing of knowledge. The only help i saw from carafino was that its very difficult to build your own so why try.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:32 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I want something with a Low AR to learn on .

Bille

Last edited by Bille on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am 
Rare Poster

Guys!

I did not have intention to open this discussion about Mr. Carafino's personal issues and web behaviour.

My intention is only to collect personal experience regarding available hydrofoil boards on market and what would be positive and negative sides for new riders. This discussion went to wrong direction.

So if you have any experience with any Hydrofoil board please share with others.

Thanks for yours informations.

Tomi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

BigTomi wrote:
Carafino is great, Moses looks quite similar but you can change wing and it cost less.

Moses costs less than Carafino? I received informal quotes from the two companies for complete boards and the Moses would cost about 35% more than the Carafino. I think Carafino is the cheapest by a large margin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm 
Rare Poster

davesails7 wrote:
BigTomi wrote:
Carafino is great, Moses looks quite similar but you can change wing and it cost less.

Moses costs less than Carafino? I received informal quotes from the two companies for complete boards and the Moses would cost about 35% more than the Carafino. I think Carafino is the cheapest by a large margin.

Can you please send me names of those two companies or contact email.
I have made request for info on Carafino web but never get any reply.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

[:[/quote] :thumb:
from my perspective.
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:[/quote]

my sentiments exactly...
Carifino was the first foil developer is my understanding. His foils were'nt perfect too, but he fixed the problems pictured in that link is also my understanding. If anyone has had carifino problems in the last couple years, i would like to know about it.
Since the other mfg's learned to make foils from him, i'm sure he has a relationship with them. Unfortunately, if the other makers are reading this forum they will most likely refrain from posting any good information. I emailed one particular mfg about a problem whith his foil and he did not answer my question but gave me a price (which was $1000 more than cariffino.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

BigTomi wrote:
Can you please send me names of those two companies or contact email.
I have made request for info on Carafino web but never get any reply.

Thanks

Carafino: info@carafino.com
Moses: kite@moseshydrofoil.com

I'm located in the US, so that might change prices.

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next