Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


BigTomi
Rare Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Abu Dhabi , Yas Island, UAE
Nin, Croatia,
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Switch Element 9 , 13 Nitro 16
Flysurfer Speed3 12m, Speed4 8m
Fone Bandit 12
RRD Obsession 9
Spleen RIP 145
Flyboard Radical 4
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby BigTomi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm

So far only respond from MOSES HYDROFOILS :thumb:

Still waiting for Carfino :roll:

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup
Location: Southwestern Ontario

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby Laughingman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Arcsrule wrote:I've got a new 2014 Carifino in production--one of 90 if I remember correctly. The carifino website was just updated with 2014 info. It appears this may be a new design with changeable parts. I've not asked that specific question. Mr Carifino is a very friendly man and was posting on this forum for a short time. he was run off by the grammar police so I don't expect him to come back and share his knowledge with us again.


Carafino was not run off because of his grammar.
If he's left the forum it's more likely because he basically claimed to be the only real hydrofoil maker and everyone else stole his design from him and that they all suck because they don't know all the secrets he does. He actually posted pictures of broken competitor foils!
Even if what he claims was true(and it likely is), it either shows a lack restraint and integrity or a basic misunderstanding of business ethics and immaturity.
I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:

User avatar
DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1806
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Miami @ 6" Flat Butter!

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Laughingman wrote:I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above
it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:
:thumb:
Same token since english is my second language,
in my mother language using capital letter when somebody wants to make a point is correct
because this is an international forum :roll:
Knowledge is the name of the game here to avoid buying sh!t product, isn't it :?:
So presenting other brand's faulty product is correct to shed true light as information on this forum,
from my perspective.
Why hide the truth with a dark mask, what is important for us as forum readers :?:
All I'm saying is I've seen a lot of hyped up lies and biased reviews here
and sometimes it's not easy to filter out the BS, so it's hard to make a decision;
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup
Location: Southwestern Ontario

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby Laughingman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 am

DrLightWind wrote:
Laughingman wrote:I'm sure he realized how he has represented himself and instead of trying to rise above
it he's left as he sees no worth in putting the effort in for the mere mortals on this forum. Typical god complex.... :rollgrin:
:thumb:
Same token since english is my second language,
in my mother language using capital letter when somebody wants to make a point is correct
because this is an international forum :roll:
Knowledge is the name of the game here to avoid buying sh!t product, isn't it :?:
So presenting other brand's faulty product is correct to shed true light as information on this forum,
from my perspective.
Why hide the truth with a dark mask, what is important for us as forum readers :?:
All I'm saying is I've seen a lot of hyped up lies and biased reviews here
and sometimes it's not easy to filter out the BS, so it's hard to make a decision;
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:


His last visit was the first few days of Oct. shortly after this web page was posted.
http://carafinouk.com/indexcara.html

I think he quickly found out what happens when you don't play fair in the sand box. So now we have two sides to a story. Which one is right or where is the middle ground.? A person with integrity would not have started slinging mud but instead they would become an asset to the community through the sharing of knowledge. The only help i saw from carafino was that its very difficult to build your own so why try.

User avatar
Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2650
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby Bille » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:32 am

I want something with a Low AR to learn on .

Bille
Last edited by Bille on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigTomi
Rare Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Abu Dhabi , Yas Island, UAE
Nin, Croatia,
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Switch Element 9 , 13 Nitro 16
Flysurfer Speed3 12m, Speed4 8m
Fone Bandit 12
RRD Obsession 9
Spleen RIP 145
Flyboard Radical 4
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby BigTomi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am

Guys!

I did not have intention to open this discussion about Mr. Carafino's personal issues and web behaviour.

My intention is only to collect personal experience regarding available hydrofoil boards on market and what would be positive and negative sides for new riders. This discussion went to wrong direction.

So if you have any experience with any Hydrofoil board please share with others.

Thanks for yours informations.

Tomi

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby davesails7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:00 pm

BigTomi wrote:Carafino is great, Moses looks quite similar but you can change wing and it cost less.


Moses costs less than Carafino? I received informal quotes from the two companies for complete boards and the Moses would cost about 35% more than the Carafino. I think Carafino is the cheapest by a large margin.

BigTomi
Rare Poster
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Abu Dhabi , Yas Island, UAE
Nin, Croatia,
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Switch Element 9 , 13 Nitro 16
Flysurfer Speed3 12m, Speed4 8m
Fone Bandit 12
RRD Obsession 9
Spleen RIP 145
Flyboard Radical 4
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby BigTomi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm

davesails7 wrote:
BigTomi wrote:Carafino is great, Moses looks quite similar but you can change wing and it cost less.


Moses costs less than Carafino? I received informal quotes from the two companies for complete boards and the Moses would cost about 35% more than the Carafino. I think Carafino is the cheapest by a large margin.


Can you please send me names of those two companies or contact email.
I have made request for info on Carafino web but never get any reply.

Thanks

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 866
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Florida--JACKSONVILLE
Contact:

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm

[:[/quote] :thumb:
Same token since english is my second language,
in my mother language using capital letter when somebody wants to make a point is correct
because this is an international forum :roll:
Knowledge is the name of the game here to avoid buying sh!t product, isn't it :?:
So presenting other brand's faulty product is correct to shed true light as information on this forum,
from my perspective.
Why hide the truth with a dark mask, what is important for us as forum readers :?:
All I'm saying is I've seen a lot of hyped up lies and biased reviews here
and sometimes it's not easy to filter out the BS, so it's hard to make a decision;
especially when there is no opportunity provided for testing a product at a nearby location :decision:[/quote]

my sentiments exactly...
Carifino was the first foil developer is my understanding. His foils were'nt perfect too, but he fixed the problems pictured in that link is also my understanding. If anyone has had carifino problems in the last couple years, i would like to know about it.
Since the other mfg's learned to make foils from him, i'm sure he has a relationship with them. Unfortunately, if the other makers are reading this forum they will most likely refrain from posting any good information. I emailed one particular mfg about a problem whith his foil and he did not answer my question but gave me a price (which was $1000 more than cariffino.

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best beginner hydrofoil board ?

Postby davesails7 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 pm

BigTomi wrote:Can you please send me names of those two companies or contact email.
I have made request for info on Carafino web but never get any reply.

Thanks


Carafino: info@carafino.com
Moses: kite@moseshydrofoil.com

I'm located in the US, so that might change prices.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests