Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

WTF! Board top layer cracks not covered by warranty?!

forum for kitesurfers

windrt
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Re: WTF! Board top layer cracks not covered by warranty?!

Postby windrt » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks guys! Abrasion and skratches will make no difference. The cracks will start to chipp off the top layer and water will start penetrating, I can see it coming. I have never flown the board, at least not above 3 meters high.

This board is supposed to be one of the toughest out there, It's ment to be ridden with boots, advertised to be used in wakeparks even on sliders!!!

Just as an update, Best USA has contacted me this morning and confirmed it's not due to overbending. They have seen the pictures now and asked me couple of details about the cracks.
I really belive they will respond. We all are humans, we are not perfect, we all make mistakes, that's why the good intention is so important. I thought I would be wrong and the board's nose was overbent, but they and you all confirmed it has not. I'll keep you updated. Thanks guys.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: wave,big air,megaloops
Gear: Epic kites,g-force boards,cohete surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nikalaitzian » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:13 am

windrt wrote:Thanks guys! Abrasion and skratches will make no difference. The cracks will start to chipp off the top layer and water will start penetrating, I can see it coming. I have never flown the board, at least not above 3 meters high.

This board is supposed to be one of the toughest out there, It's ment to be ridden with boots, advertised to be used in wakeparks even on sliders!!!

Just as an update, Best USA has contacted me this morning and confirmed it's not due to overbending. They have seen the pictures now and asked me couple of details about the cracks.
I really belive they will respond. We all are humans, we are not perfect, we all make mistakes, that's why the good intention is so important. I thought I would be wrong and the board's nose was overbent, but they and you all confirmed it has not. I'll keep you updated. Thanks guys.

something is telling me that someone from BEST checked that topic :wink:

jats2k9
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Ft Lauderdale
Miami beach
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle
Gear: Best

Postby jats2k9 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 pm

A pic of my board. The crack was smaller than now, and there are also others cracks sowing up every time I use the board.
Attachments
image.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”