All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best GP 2013 Bar settings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:06 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello Everybody!

Who can help me?! I fly the 2013 Best Gps and i used a North 5th Element Bar instead of the original Best GP Bar but the kite flew worst!!:) Can Anybody tell me, how long have the backlines in relation to the frontlines/5th line to be? And on which metres is the high Y? Than i can adapt the correct settings to the Northbar. You will help me a lot!!

Thanks!! :thumb:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Best GP 2013 Bar settings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Are you sure that's not just what the GP feels like?

:)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 pm 
Rare Poster

I hope not :o :D

Please, anybody who knows what might be the problem?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:03 am 
Frequent Poster

Does the north 5 line bar has high Y on the fron't lines, and best bar doesn't?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi Eure Herrlichkite,

I can help out with some of the issues you're experiencing. First off, just to address your North bar, you want to make sure all lines are even when fully powered/sheeted in. I know it's obvious, but some times it's a helpful reminder! Also, the Y-length does makes a difference and I can ask our kite designers for the specifics.

Now what issues are you experiencing with your GP that's causing it to fly poorly? Oversheeting and backstalling or no power? Once you figure out what you don't like, it makes it way easier to figure out what trimming needs to be done to fix it. For example, if the kite is back stalling, then you need to trim your center lines, etc. No matter what it's going to take some trial and error. 4 line kites are much simpler in that regard :wink: but aren't as much fun!

-Steven (I work for Best)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:16 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello Steven and the others, thanks for your comments!!

First of all i've tried most of all Brands like North, Slingi, Blade, JN, Liquid Force etc. for years.

I've checked my North Bar. It's works correct. All Lines have to be exactly the same length, when complete powered. This is similar to the 5th Line Bars from Naish, JN. All have the high Y. This is where the 5th Line is blocked.

Bars like from the Liquid Force HIFI and others have a deep Y or better a V.

I know that North, JN and Naish have the high Y exactly on the same Point, so you can change between Kites and Bars in this cases.

The Best GP flew worse because the Backlines are too long. So i made them shorter but the main fact ist that the setting of the Y is not on the right place. The best GP needs a shorter or longer Y, don't know?! Otherwise it won't have the performance like the original 2013 Best Bar.

So i need an exact Line Manual. For example the Backlines are xy cm shorter than the Backlines an the Y is yz cm from the end of the Frontlines.

It would help me so much!! :thumb: :idea: :)

Would be great if you, Steven, can ask someone from the Best Team about the correct Line length!! Thanks a lot!° :remybussi:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi again,

I've got an update for you. The Y-height for the 2013 GP Bar is 5m (lines are 23m long). Hope this helps! If you're underpowered and the back lines are too long, you can always try trimming them until you hit the sweet spot as long as you don't overcompensate. Let us know how it goes.

For 2014, we changed the length of all the lines down to 20m and the Y-height down to 3m.

-Steven

[ 7 posts ]