All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: North Vegas or Dice!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:18 am 
Rare Poster

Hello

I need some opinions about Vegas and Dice. Currently I ride North Fuse's 7,10,12 and I was focused on the freeride style of riding like: boosting big airs up to 10m, racing with twintips on flat water, kiteloops with 7m I have been riding Fuse's 3 years, absolutely love them about preformance and quality... But the fact is when I started to unhook I found out that these kites are not good for unhooking, it keeps pulling you and hard to re-hook back...so I am planing to move on freestyle to progress more.

Please advise me what to buy. Personally I prefer 4 line kites, but never had any kite wraps, because I don't crash kites so much. I am looking for real freestyle of course NORTH maschine for kitelooping and unhooking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ZtqIThgZg

Love the way how the fuse boost and float, but there is no more adrenaline, cuz 10m heights are second nature for me.

By the way if someone is interested I am selling them for reasonable price.
North Fuse 7m 2011 perfect condition
North Fuse 10m 2012 used 5 times.

Photos and more on the PM.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: North Vegas or Dice!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Depends on how far down the freestyle rabbit hole you want to go. Also if waves are on the horizon. You will never get the hang time and probably not the height until you learn how to use a C kite properly on those two kites. You will never get the hang time. They both ask to be looped though so that's another aspect of adrenaline generation! Both unhook superbly.

Maybe also wait until a freestyler type has been on the new evo.

As I said how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dice is just a Vegas with a few struts removed. How can you go wrong :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Is there a North Vice? Hmmmmm....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dice is my vote. Similar ride, but added simplicity.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:48 pm 
Rare Poster

Well I am looking for pure freestyle and waves are not on my horizon. Dice has same shape as Vegas? What about relaunch on the bridled 4 line Dice? As I heard that Vegas is hard to relaunch and you need to help with 5th line, which makes easier. Which kite has better low end? Projected area (pull) both have same, on same sizes?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Wing tips slightly more swept the diagrams above show this. Add some magical bridalling and a slider and presto you have the dice. Relaunch not a problem with the dice. A softer C than the Vegas but still packs a bloody c kite punch when aggressively looped. Been caught out a few times I can tell you, whack the ribs creak....

You won't get the same slackness in the lines as the Vegas, hence the rabbit hole metaphor. But enough probably until you may be inclined to go full hybrid c...then even onto a real C kite like a fuel. But that's a kite for nutters (nutter I respect).

Not sure of the Low end, the dice isn't a truck machine, you gotta earn your light wind ability, that's the c in it. But it has an incredible top end I can tell you! Very very stable platform.

So imagine the Vegas is a kite with more potential for good old fashioned load, pop and slack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:45 pm 
Medium Poster

If you are not going into the waves, the Vegas is the correct kite and the Vegas is even decent in the waves. The Dice is a great kite but a bit of a compromise on freestyle to benefit its performance in waves. If you are concerned with 5 lines then tht might be another reason to get the Dice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Agreed with the above and more float as well in jumps on the dice...

with one handeth we give, with the other we take.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Rode the dice for a spell today. Absorbed the big gusts real nice. I wouldn't say its a magic kite and it didnt make me all 'snake eyes.' I got it to fall out of the sky when I drove hard at it (Newton was right...). Anyhow, it reminded me a lot of the Gastra Jekyll or the F-one Bandit, very stable slow(ish) turning and hangs a little while riding down the line (in side on winds). Bar is a little too skinny for my taste and the center safety line ring was hanging down below the bar (this could be dangerous if it wraps around something in an emergency). For the price point I would get a Gastra. But a very high-quality build and nice graphics. Ultimately, a kite is a kite, is a kite.... :turn:

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next