forum for kitesurfers

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Sturdy Gopro mounts

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:13 pm

irwe wrote:I'm thinking about building my own GoPro retractable pole. What is the ideal distance from body to shoot? I will also have the camera raised off the pole so that most of the pole is not in view.

I bought a cheap aluminum shafted window squeegee... twist to unlock, extend it some. Choose any distance you like :) just make sure you get one that when it's locked, it doesn't wobble...

Wizmount make a good one too, by the looks of things...

silversurfer_no
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Vargas, Pozo, Punta Maspalomas, Burras
Style: Waveriding
Gear: North Fuse (5,7,9,12)
Wainman Hawaii 6'2", FireWire 5'7", Thringy 5'8" CarbonKevlar
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Sturdy Gopro mounts

Postby silversurfer_no » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 am

I dont think you should worry about the adhesive pads coming off. They have sufficient strength and in fact the plastic mount will break before the pad comes off. At least that is the experience I have.

Just make sure the board is properly cleaned, sanded slightly at the mount point and that you place it at at a location that is not to curved when you install the pad. Of course you should also ensure you use the 'quarter pad' for the leash should something break.

I have had the FCS mount glassed into some of my boards. Looks better and is more flush but in terms of strength the pads I have on some other boards do the trick well enough.

Return to “Kitesurfing”