All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: How fast can you rig a kite ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Peter_Frank wrote:
I dont have 6 bars, one for each kite
But it IS the easiest way

Only slight downside is, that you dont get to "feel" your lines are okay, everytime you rig - like you do when running lines out.

Winding lines out, put CL on a stake, taking a 9m2 kite out of the bag, pumping it fully, back to the bar and run the lines out towards the kite, untangle ends, mount the lines and ready to go now.

2:47 min.

You can easily spend more time, if you got a bigger kite, or a worn pump (my pumps are always a bit worn, so it takes longer)
pumping is the major part of the used time.

I have 7 bars 7 kites all are "tuned" exactly to each kite size...with different line length on some
Yes EZ lines on and zero downside because i "feel" the lines winding them on bar after sessions

You have to walk a lot :
winding lines out...walking back to kite to pump...back to bar...run lines out towards kite and then...
......once attached put kite on it's side and walk again to the bar to launch your kite

That's 5 times (18m ..20m...22mm ?? how long are your lines) total distance walking !!!
You know real well that i walk only once...and that is the time saver right there
In your timing of rigging you calculate only to the point of kite ready..and not actually taking off

You spend way more time walking than pumping
So your statement of used time is incorrect don't you think?

Contrary to you the hand pump i use is in very good working order...and my back up pump also
My XR3 19 with newest generation Scoprega (that is soooo smooth ) gets pumped in @70 sec !!!

I bet i could get your 9m pumped in @30 seconds

Remember this thread is all in good fun as you know and i appreciate you starting it
Rigging fast is not the most important part of kitesurfing....it is the ride that brings the most joy !!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :cheers: :pump: :surf: :sun:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yup, agree fully - just for fun :naughty:

You are right, the time I clocked was when standing at the kite when fully rigged and ready, so I have to use around 10 seconds more to get back to the bar, yes.
So 2:57 would be more correct if you have to end up at the bar.

8) Peter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:52 pm 
Rare Poster

Have a spot just 2 kms from my house, riding a bike with trailer, im on the water in 30 mins, including wetsuit etc, pumping up the kite (by hand - saving the enviroment), sorting lines and drift starting... :) , packing up i take 5 mins, get undressed in the shower at home. A futher 10 mins to sort the lines (have to pull the saftey to land) and dry the kite...at home....

Quicker than windsurfing....! Great feeling doing it with a bike without my car... :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:42 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi guys,

very good discussion about how fast and easy a kite can be inflated!

This was also one of our main requirements for the Cronix, to make pumping as easy and effortless as possible.
When we built our first tubekite prototypes, we hated the hard pumping.
This was mainly caused by too small valves and bad pumps.

Therefore we developped an extra big and robust inflation valve, with low flow resistance, and combined it with an extra light moving pump.
Some of you might know, that we also develop and sell inflateable tents (www.x-gloo.com), which uses a valve very similar to what some other brands are using now, e.g. Ozone, Switchkites etc..
The Cronix valve is even bigger than this, with lower flow resistance, and works better in sandy environment and for snowkiting.
That's why we went for it.

Here a short uncut video from unpacking and inflating a Cronix 10.0:
http://vimeo.com/81509056

2:20 minutes from unpacking till launching a CRONIX 10.0m!
31 seconds to fully pump up a CRONIX 10.0m!

In this Video are also some more detail infos about the valve:
http://vimeo.com/72885911#t=3m58s

Try it, you will feel the difference.

Regards,
Andi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:45 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Awesome !

And that is not even a "fast" rigging, just normal relaxed tempo and nothing rushed, and still 2:20 :naughty:

Could be done in less than 2 with the Cronix 10m2, for sure, if you wanted to :thumb:

The Cronix is really fast to inflate, because of the short and few struts, and big nozzle and pump :rollgrin:

Great finally to see some more actual "timing", than just Supa and me splitting words.....

8) Peter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Peter_Frank wrote:

Great finally to see some more actual "timing", than just Supa and me splitting words.....

Yes finally someone else steps in :thumb:

Cronix 10 w/3 short struts using new generation hand pump....31 sec.....( how much PSI ?)
Riot XR3 19 w/ 5 full length struts using also identical type pump (newest by North)..71 sec 7PSI

So relatively speaking the newest Core inflate/deflate valve is just as fast as the Flysurfer valve

Cronix walking for bar/lines (3 times:2 short walks +1 long) ... ( what length lines ?)....55 sec
Riot XR3...(24m lines).. (walking once long + to one side short)...1:00 min

Lines kept attached for both of us :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Is there any other way??

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5