All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: method v1 vs method v2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:45 am 
Medium Poster

Hello,
I am thinking about getting a new surf kite for the upcoming spring season. Specifically, I want to get a 5m as I already have a 7m Switch Method v1, and that kite is a bit too powerful once it starts to average 25 mph (I am 145 lbs). One thing which I dislike about the v1, is that it is pretty tricky for me to surf right hand waves at waddell Santa Cruz. The wind is very side on shore, so right hand wave surfing is almost going down wind. When I setup to turn in into the wave, the kite races to the side of the window and generates a lot of pull. However once it gets to the side of the window, it loses most of the power and it becomes very hard to control and initiate the transition to the other side so that I can slap the wave and start going the other way.

With my 2009 Cab cross bow I found that it was much easier to surf right handers. Even though the kite is slower and has a less direct feel, it was pretty easy to make controlled transitions: keep kite sort of high and transition from left to right and right to left at a medium pace.

So I suspect that with the method v1, the kite is moving too fast making me loose the edge and thus the lines develop slack, making it hard to initiate a new transition. Also, once the kite gets moving, sheeting out doesn't produce as much of an effect as on my older Cab, compounding the problem. So I am curious if method v2 is less brutal and is more controllable.

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: method v1 vs method v2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 am 
Very Frequent Poster

RomanC wrote:
Hello,
I am thinking about getting a new surf kite for the upcoming spring season. Specifically, I want to get a 5m as I already have a 7m Switch Method v1, and that kite is a bit too powerful once it starts to average 25 mph (I am 145 lbs). One thing which I dislike about the v1, is that it is pretty tricky for me to surf right hand waves at waddell Santa Cruz. The wind is very side on shore, so right hand wave surfing is almost going down wind. When I setup to turn in into the wave, the kite races to the side of the window and generates a lot of pull. However once it gets to the side of the window, it loses most of the power and it becomes very hard to control and initiate the transition to the other side so that I can slap the wave and start going the other way.

With my 2009 Cab cross bow I found that it was much easier to surf right handers. Even though the kite is slower and has a less direct feel, it was pretty easy to make controlled transitions: keep kite sort of high and transition from left to right and right to left at a medium pace.

So I suspect that with the method v1, the kite is moving too fast making me loose the edge and thus the lines develop slack, making it hard to initiate a new transition. Also, once the kite gets moving, sheeting out doesn't produce as much of an effect as on my older Cab, compounding the problem. So I am curious if method v2 is less brutal and is more controllable.

Thanks

Hi Roman,

Absolutly...The V2 is a much softer, controllable kite.
I had a quiver of V1 and yes they were a bit bully, they did not like gusty winds because they shot towards the edge of the windwindow and back, depower was less, barpressure was higher than the V2.

The V2 methods , I have in 9m 7m 5m I have 80kg cover 13 to 40knts on a surfdirectional for me.
The V2's barpressure is like a Ozone C4
The V2 is much smoother and absorbs the gusts in a great way, without this shooting far forward.
The V2 especially on the V2 controllerbar is a big difference, The new controller bar has a longer bar throw to sheet out in the jibe or riding the wave without kitepower, but still has enough depower to pull if the wind picks up, the difference is there absolutely!

If possible get a test of a V2 with the new bar...you will immediatly feel the difference!
Or take advantages of the 30 days return possibility Switch kites is offering now!

Hope this helps
cheers,
dude :cool2:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 pm 
Medium Poster

Cool thanks. I'll guess I will wait for the season to start so that I can take adavntage of the 30 day guarantee.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:57 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

RomanC wrote:
Cool thanks. I'll guess I will wait for the season to start so that I can take adavntage of the 30 day guarantee.

:thumb:

[ 4 posts ]