All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Skord Mount
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest. The video part of the page was incorrectly linked with an update to the site. It is fixed now. Sorry about the confusion with that. The Mount rotates around to maintain the Camera primarily level. The mount works with all versions of the GoPro camera. The mount works with all kites that have an opening behind the center strut in order to wrap the velcro around to secure the mount. The mount is designed to be secure on the strut and therefore produce smooth video with minimal editing. Hope you enjoy the site and get a chance to give the SKORD mount a try.

Matt
SKORD Mount

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I really like the idea :thumb:

I've had my kitecams mounted that way for the last 5 years now, as almost every kite and kitebrand has an open part at the front of the strut.

Something like this, eventhough an older mount and a bigger camera than today:

The rotation is of course the less desired result you will get, when mounted in the kite :(

Post editing is useless IMO, as you will never be able to get sharp and good video this way, and to see a rectangle toss around in the frame, is just :x :evil: :cry:

So you have to learn to live with this rotation (and many gets seasick, I know), but maybe this mount could do it ?

Could be a little sceptical, whether it can follow sufficiently fast when waveriding - do you have any videos of that ?
Maybe it would work, and if, awesome :thumb:

This is the rotation we would like to eliminate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpOZs83Y9YI

(a clip from my first day on a new Ralf Bachschuster board and the very first day out at Dolphins in 2013)

8) Peter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 am 
Frequent Poster

zerogee_ca wrote:
Very cool idea. But I don't believe that it will work on my Core kites. :( There is not enough open stitching on the canopy.

I originally thought that the opening on my Core kites went just past the one pump nozzle ( at the curved part of the strut). It's much bigger. I was wrong looks like it could work with them.

I would like to see some wave footage too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

zerogee_ca wrote:
zerogee_ca wrote:
Very cool idea. But I don't believe that it will work on my Core kites. :( There is not enough open stitching on the canopy.

I originally thought that the opening on my Core kites went just past the one pump nozzle ( at the curved part of the strut). It's much bigger. I was wrong looks like it could work with them.

Agree - as this is where you move the kite continuously, sooo, can it follow, or too much delay for this ?

Or will it "overshoot" in the hard turns, and be even worse ? :roll:

Or will it even the rotations out so very subtle, which is what we would love to see :thumb:

8) Peter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

zerogee_ca wrote:
zerogee_ca wrote:

What model Core do you have? The GT from 2008 does not look like it will work. There is room for maybe one strap only.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:43 am 
Medium Poster

I'm interested in any video of kiting in the waves. Please post em.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

Kirok wrote:
zerogee_ca wrote:
zerogee_ca wrote:

What model Core do you have? The GT from 2008 does not look like it will work. There is room for maybe one strap only.

I have the Riot XR2's. Turns out it could work with the 13.5, just maybe on the 9, not on the 6. The opening gets smaller as kite sizes get smaller (the opening goes just passed the one pump nozzle on the 6). Back to... that's not good. :(

With the kite fully inflated there is so much tension on the canopy the opening feels way smaller. Best to check them when deflated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm 
Rare Poster

Hey Guys,

I wanted to let you know that the entire plate that mounts on the kite is only 6 inches long. From the outside of each straps measures 5 inches. As long as your kite has the 5 inches of clearance and the camera can spin freely, you are good to go. Hope this helps. SKORD Mount should be shipping soon. Thanks

Matt
SKORD Mount

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2