LF Envy has really great low end and the best drift of any kite i've flown
Best TS has amazing low end and sits a little more forward in the window so has very good top end as well, but it's not a wave-specific kite and doesn't drift quite as well down the line. it's still decent though because it's quick
Airush lithium is a great allaround kite that has a lot of juice, there is a guy at our beach who weighs well over 200 lbs and rides a 10m with a SS dialer cruising upwind when i am sometimes struggling on my 12m at 140 lbs and wakeboard
Certainly not Rebel - that's a race kite with an average low end.
Bought a new Airush Lithium 8 2011 - 4 struts - with a big discount (had been sitting on the shelf for 3 years)
- Great low end - tested it at 17-20 knots in waves (1m to 1m40) mixed with dreadful chop (slows down any kite)
- Grunt: the kite will pull you over/through steep waves if the combination kite/board/kiter slows down then the grunt keeps you moving forward so you are not helpless for the next wave
- Fast and smooth turning with constant power in the turns
- Can turn almost around wingtip if needed
- Good upwind (not like a race kite)
- A little flutter just above the smallest strut in narrow turns
- Not the speediest kite but that's not required for wave riding
- Sizing is correct checked with 4 other kites (not like BWS, SS RPM, Ozone Reo 2014 that have actually almost 1sqm more)
- No sail battens (typically North which hinder packing)
- Inflate (with ball) and deflate valves: standard stuff and not the screw cap that leak due to sand (I still find this screw cap a dumb idea for beaches as it will leak one day if you fly windy beaches)
Great low end wave kite for a very affordable price.