PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:55 am 
Medium Poster

yea. you know him?

NYKiter wrote:
Kamil Peterek?

Post subject: Re: how i spent this years iko fees
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

No, just found him after searching the net for 2 seconds...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 am 
Medium Poster

think he teaches skate boarding now. i was going to get him to run 4 instructor training courses a year at my club. instead he got us both banned from IKO. quite frankly it is a relief not having to deal with iko any more. can use those funds for something that actually adds value to my club for my customers.

NYKiter wrote:
No, just found him after searching the net for 2 seconds...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 am 
Medium Poster

actually i have a couple guys who are iko instructors so if someone asks for an iko lesson i just use them. actually very few beginners have any idea what iko is and then most experienced kiters know iko is just a rip off. there is no reason to pay iko club fees. there is no benefit to being an iko affiliated school. in the past you got a discount on insurance but the insurance company must have had a problem with iko as they no longer give any discount for iko affiliation. i emailed all the iko schools to tell them about this. there are only about 45 of them left. anyone know how many there used to be? before all the schools were iko affiliated but now the few iko schools remaining always advertise themselves as 'the only iko school' at their location.

UKSurf wrote:
kiwimike wrote:
at one point he waited till the wind stopped then said if the trainee instructors could not fly the trainer kite on apparent wind alone they would fail the course.

Sounds like he has been watching too much Star Wars :roll: I wouldnt waste you money on the IKO. Just find some other organisation that will let you use their letters and wont charge you as much. Students wont care as long as they are getting safe instruction.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2