All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best Helmet & gopro mount for kitesurf & snowboard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:56 pm 
Medium Poster

Santa delivered a gopro hero3+ which I intend using for kitesurfing and snowboarding.

I am presuming that the best solution common to both is a helmet with cam mount - can anyone recommend a helmet which suits both these sports and takes a gopro mount?

Or is there another mount that would suit both sports?

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Best Helmet & gopro mount for kitesurf & snowboard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:33 pm 
Rare Poster

The best for kiting is the Glove mount. 360 degree swivel, hands are free to fly the kite.
http://www.jupiterkiteboarding.com/stor ... -4009.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:57 pm 
Frequent Poster

I wouldnt recommend the same helmet for both sports. Bern makes some all season helmets i think but they don't match the ATSM standards for impact protection for snowsports. I think technically they do but because they specifially test for single crash only they dont make the mark. Something like that. It would be a good idea to have a separate helmet for each sport, signle crash for snowboarding and multicrash fr kiting. That way you dont have to worrh about he harsh sun, salt water or brackish water, and nasty sweat and wet funk breakig down the safety shell of your winter brain bucket. If you have to pay extra for lightweight it is worth it! Fit and proper positioning on your is very important on the snow and water. Better fit=less likelihood the cameras weight will affect the helmet moving around and messing up your sick vids.

Find a helmet rated highly for protection and buy the most comfortable one!
Smith Haze helmet is the lightest i believe , the variants are very nice as well. I have one of those with a short brim as hell as a burton hifi. Also very light. I recommend a side mount on the snowboard helmet until you learn to ride with minimal motion in your head. If you can keep a bit of the helmet in the frame it will be easier and more comfortable to watch your videos since something will always appear constant. But experiment. I use a bern macon in the water but i dont use the helmet mount in the water

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:35 pm 
Medium Poster

Any sample video with the Floydie Glove mount?

[ 4 posts ]