Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Non rotating airstyle

Forum for all hooked tricks


Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:22 am

Toby wrote:If you take the board of and go upside down it is a King Deadman.
If you go upside down with board on feet and hands down it is a deadman.

The board flies with you...so you need less energy to hold it like in Kevin's trick.

Awesome height! Too high to go very technical on hooked tricks (like with rotations).

Happy that a strap rider won, they have way more variety.

Hopefully more next year!






Both hands is the king of deadman, one handed is called a heart attack I'm pretty sure. I'm with edt my version of airstyle is big air and graceful one foot or board off (indi, back rail or handle).

Love Tom Heberts supermans they rock. Nearly got them nailed, gotta straighten that damn arm holding the board.

Like a cool wizard to now and then... :D forward rotation, tail grab board off with a tic tac finish.

Feels awesome and everything flows nicely.

Zkatez
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Zuid Holland
Style: oldschool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Zkatez » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:10 am

Westozzy wrote:
Toby wrote:If you take the board of and go upside down it is a King Deadman.
If you go upside down with board on feet and hands down it is a deadman.

The board flies with you...so you need less energy to hold it like in Kevin's trick.

Awesome height! Too high to go very technical on hooked tricks (like with rotations).

Happy that a strap rider won, they have way more variety.

Hopefully more next year!






Both hands is the king of deadman, one handed is called a heart attack I'm pretty sure. I'm with edt my version of airstyle is big air and graceful one foot or board off (indi, back rail or handle).

Love Tom Heberts supermans they rock. Nearly got them nailed, gotta straighten that damn arm holding the board.

Like a cool wizard to now and then... :D forward rotation, tail grab board off with a tic tac finish.

Feels awesome and everything flows nicely.




Have you got this Cool Wizard on video maybe? Would like to see it. Do you mean front 360 with boardspin catching it on the rail?

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 33191
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Contact:

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am

Tic tac is a one foot...

What do they call the tail spin with Indy board flip?

I know why I didn't start to give new tricks names...way to confusing.
Better to call it what it is!

Eg: Tail Spin T-Handle Catch T-Handle KickFlip Board Pass :naughty:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Westozzy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am

So when you take the board off by the tail and spin the boards, catching the indi rail...isn't that a Tic Tac? What's that called? Sometimes I catch the indi rail sometimes the handle then add in a wizard as well. ??

Sometimes I grab the indi rail board off, then flip the board what's that called then?

Sometimes I do what I called a tic tac above, then flip the board like in that Tom Hebert kitchen part 2... What's that called?

Hey I got at last count near one hundred vids, all downloaded from you tube, some from way back...what you after specifically I can have a look...

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 33191
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Contact:

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Toby » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:15 am

Indy Flip

Tic Tac for me is the OneFoot where you foot goes up and down and up etc

Zkatez
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Zuid Holland
Style: oldschool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Zkatez » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Westozzy wrote:So when you take the board off by the tail and spin the boards, catching the indi rail...isn't that a Tic Tac? What's that called? Sometimes I catch the indi rail sometimes the handle then add in a wizard as well. ??

Sometimes I grab the indi rail board off, then flip the board what's that called then?

Sometimes I do what I called a tic tac above, then flip the board like in that Tom Hebert kitchen part 2... What's that called?

Hey I got at last count near one hundred vids, all downloaded from you tube, some from way back...what you after specifically I can have a look...



Hi Westozzy,
Maybe this is due to my bad English. But I thought you mentioned "Cool Wizard" as a trick! I have never heard of it and could not get a clear picture from your discription. So i thought I ask you for a vid of it.

A 100 vids! hmm I have to give it another search on the web. I found an old one a little while ago. This guy was really ripping it a long time ago on an old takoon C-kite. have a look here :
Kitesurf Old School Style: http://youtu.be/IKWcabLcpPE


Zkatez
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Zuid Holland
Style: oldschool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Zkatez » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:12 pm

for what it is worth, I found in the KTA kiteboard trick guide:

-Wizard : Spinning the board 360 by the handle

-Tic Tac: Rider takes board by rail and spins it 360 back to same rail

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Westozzy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 am

Zkatez wrote:
Westozzy wrote:So when you take the board off by the tail and spin the boards, catching the indi rail...isn't that a Tic Tac? What's that called? Sometimes I catch the indi rail sometimes the handle then add in a wizard as well. ??

Sometimes I grab the indi rail board off, then flip the board what's that called then?

Sometimes I do what I called a tic tac above, then flip the board like in that Tom Hebert kitchen part 2... What's that called?

Hey I got at last count near one hundred vids, all downloaded from you tube, some from way back...what you after specifically I can have a look...



Hi Westozzy,
Maybe this is due to my bad English. But I thought you mentioned "Cool Wizard" as a trick! I have never heard of it and could not get a clear picture from your discription. So i thought I ask you for a vid of it.

A 100 vids! hmm I have to give it another search on the web. I found an old one a little while ago. This guy was really ripping it a long time ago on an old takoon C-kite. have a look here :
Kitesurf Old School Style: http://youtu.be/IKWcabLcpPE






Yeh man one of my favs this one! I love the more powered vertical rotations at the beginning leading into the airstyle stuff as he progresses. The land to blind, add in being unhooked and presto we have the PKRA...lol....Loves his deadmans and board passes...see the old large loop velcroed to the bar before the advent of the microloop. I remember those and the associated crashes with them...lol.

Mate enough material there to keep all of us busy this season....

Now call me old school but that's what captured my imagination back then and still does.

Zkatez
Medium Poster
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Zuid Holland
Style: oldschool
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Zkatez » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:53 am

I wonder if this fellow is still kiting and how? (Still a live? Probably doing handlepasses).

I owned this Takoon kite and never thought I would be able to do that. My big 18m 2011 (and Toby,s vid,s) gave me the convidence to push my airstyl. And that changed a lot for me. BUT, if I see this vid, I wonder if we are all to pussy and fuss to much a bout NOT having good airstyl kites. This was 2004 or so!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Non rotating airstyle

Postby Westozzy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 am

The old Cs boosted man, had plenty of power of tap. But had seriously limited range. They have bred a lot of this unlimited power out..don't believe me just go down your local and watch all the shmucks mowing the lawn on 7m kites and a surfboard. :D


Return to “Airstyle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests