All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Something new from Ozone
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am 
Frequent Poster

Maybe a pressureless depower system like Flysurfer had on their warrior kites would be possible?

In that system, the pulleys at the kite were balanced by pullies at the bar. Therefore the bar was always in balance. You had to push to depower and pull to power up, but you could let go of the bar and the bar would stay where it was. It was really nice for cold weather kiting.

It would also make sense for a kite where the bar forces are high, or the system would work normally when the bar forces were low and slowly be more and more active as the rear lines powered up.

I think flysurfer filed a german patent on the idea where it is described in detail.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.extremekites.com.au/forums/v ... =28&t=7699

/Marc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Brian Holgate wrote:

IMO there are some hurdles that we need to cross to reach 100+ with a kite. But I think when we do it will be with a rigid wing, not a foil. However, that being said, Although LEI's and Twinskins have huge potential...the fastest kite out there at this point for LAND is a fixed bridle foil.

I like the part where he talked about a Rigid-wing looking apparatus ; it's
the fastest design for sailboats , and landsailers . Soft sails just can't get
the same return for a given wind-speed. The landsailer went 126-mph with
the rigid sail design.

If you have never done it, a ride on a tandem landsailer would be worth your
money. A two-place Manta landsailer , will do near 60mph ; it seams Fast
when your that close to the ground !!

Bille

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Bille wrote:
Brian Holgate wrote:

IMO there are some hurdles that we need to cross to reach 100+ with a kite. But I think when we do it will be with a rigid wing, not a foil. However, that being said, Although LEI's and Twinskins have huge potential...the fastest kite out there at this point for LAND is a fixed bridle foil.

I like the part where he talked about a Rigid-wing looking apparatus ; it's
the fastest design for sailboats , and landsailers . Soft sails just can't get
the same return for a given wind-speed. The landsailer went 126-mph with
the rigid sail design.

If you have never done it, a ride on a tandem landsailer would be worth your
money. A two-place Manta landsailer , will do near 60mph ; it seams Fast
when your that close to the ground !!

Bille

Hi Billie, here I am responding to your bullshit in this thread becuase you asked me to respond, via private message because you are crazy....

Wow are these the same rigid wings that I provided links to when trying to explain to you that we should not confuse the soft flappy, wing Brian went fast with things he has not tried.....like rigid wings...

Did the dude who's land speed record you have been at home jacking off to, just come on this thread and really say he thinks when we go faster it will be on a ridged wing, just like I have been?

He gave the same examples of bridle, issues and kite use,that I did...how is it again when I talk going fast with the fastest kiters on the planet, they and I have the same ideas, Even better how is it I also go fast, But when on a kite forum having the same discussion I have some hang glider pilot still giving me shit? Again remind me of your personal experience with speed kiting?

I have gone ove 60mph on a LEI on a snowboard, and almost 70mph on skis, as have others on a LEI. My opinion is mine based on experience, I have not experienced the heavy bar issue Brian mentioned, on several kites,ozone edge, best hp, north rebel, fuse and dyno, I have been over 60mph on all these kites, many of these bars had stopper balls that have used And also not used. Maybe this all changes at 71, I imagine I may have gone faster then 70 down hills, but this is on snow with skis using the hill and the kite, and not on land with a buggy...

Again as I said before, in till we build speed specific wings we just do not know what is possible, claiming that one wing is the fastest, involves head to head testing, of kites made to go fast. Intill there are rigid, and airframed (foil) kites running the same bridle system, on the same aspect ratios, with the similar profiles out making speed passes we don't know what kite is fastest. We only know who has gone fast with what they had, just like I said about a week ago....

This is my last post concerning, this topic. this is about me disagreeing with a much less knowledgable kiter, and humoring, said kiter in hopes of sharing knowledge, all while putting up with the same level of respect the less knowledgable kiter gives everyone, little to none.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Billy B. wrote:

Hi Billie, here I am responding to your bullshit in this thread becuase you asked me to respond, via private message because you are crazy....

I "Was" somehow, hoping for More !! :(

You keep saying i'm not knowledgeable about things that fly ; but
i built the frame,and did the sailmaking on the machine that got me
to the top (4) of the world at ACCRO on a HG .
SO --- It's entirely possible
that i know at least , (Something) about how/why things Fly .

I got a Lot of Respect for Brian Holgate ; and thank him for his response
on this Thread. It's obvious that the Billy will Never agree with Bille ; felt that
on the opening line of his last reply .

Bille

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 am 
Frequent Poster

I must admit to Bille (or Ozone) that Razor is an extraordinary kite.
Unbelievably fast turning, it can basically pivot turn around its wing tip, generating a lot of power.
It is no jumper though. Sending it to 12 would pull your arms out. It is purely a race kate. Even better than all the later Yakuzas IMO.
It is hard to explain the feel and performance to someone that didn't ride a similar kite.
30 m lines on Razor are some advantage compared to standard 20 m on other fixed bridle kites.
Unfortunately I decided to sell it after I got FSs (reduced no. of kites).
I hope I will be able to demo Crono somewhere, otherwise I will probably just go with the S4 18m2 when changing my 19.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 am 
Frequent Poster

Who's going to call for the prices?

http://www.kiteboarding.com/proddetail. ... zonechrono

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Kite only:
12m - $2065
15m - $2265
18m - $2465

With bar:
12m - $2465
15m - $2665
18m - $2865

Available in the USA by the end of March.

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9