PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

forum for kitesurfers

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: EAGLE 1X12

Re: PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Postby POACHER » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:51 pm

You can't ban someone over their beliefs........yes that would be quite fascist to do so.
However, I believe PMU has crossed the line with personal attacks on Ted Bautista. That's bullshit and shouldn't be allowed Toby. Actually I think it's walking a fine line of slander or defamation of character as well.
(better watch what you say online........it CAN be used in court.)

To hate on some gear is one thing, to drag someone's way of making a living or personal information into it is another.

volume311
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Newport RI
Gear: Strings and blankets
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby volume311 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:03 pm

snobdr wrote:Yoda your a f'n cry baby. " oh i dont have look i know its there" shut the hell up. Why dontyou leave if you cant stand it? Theres a forum just for you fags. Its called PKF. They are just like you and ban anyone with any kind of opinion that is different then their own. Youll fit right in with the power kite fags.
Im sick of you bitches. PMU can post all he wants it dosent bother me one bit. And its almost funny that people like you get so upset about it. Hope it ruins your whole day everytime he posts.
Care to chime in now Kam?
Just because you know how to use a key board doesn't mean you should

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Loyd, Shinn, Exile

Postby Da Yoda » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Wow! I’m amazed at the responses to this thread and the poor direction it has taken. Unfortunately several of the unkindly responses have clearly indicated to me that they have no clue why I had created this thread to begin with.

Let me be crystal clear… My thread had NOTHING to do with banning someone for their opinions!

To correct those that misunderstood… My thread was ALL about banning someone for their inappropriate, harassing behavior.

Last but not least, my thread was also to make a point to Toby that “some people” DO hijack threads, which was contrary to his belief.

I fully support ANYONE being able to express their opinion here, but PMU’s posts have moved WAY past the point of one “sharing their opinion”. The manor and intent of his posts clearly shows that he just wants to harass. At what point do you draw the line? All I’m trying to do is encourage Toby to make this forum a better place by getting him gone. Since Toby doesn’t see any problems, I’m going to plan B and use the positive tips for making my visit to KF a better experience. On that note, I want to extend a big Thank You to Laughingman for the link to the “foes list” and Toby’s instruction to just stay logged in.

I’m done with this topic now. Thanks for the ride!

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:34 am

Toby, if you are not going to ban PMU, how about limiting the length of posts? All PMU does is copy and paste long text entries he has saved up.

Or maybe you are trying to encourage these types of posts and we should start posting similar long posts in response to every post by PMU.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 am

I'm with you Da Yoda. PMU is a first class thread hijacking douche bag and should be banned.

SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SalmonSlayer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

Dave_5280 wrote:Toby, if you are not going to ban PMU, how about limiting the length of posts? All PMU does is copy and paste long text entries he has saved up.

Or maybe you are trying to encourage these types of posts and we should start posting similar long posts in response to every post by PMU.
Why?? Is it too hard to hold your finger on the mouse and scroll down quickly? Really??

Do you people really pay attention to what you write?

Do you realize how good you have it in life for these issues to be problems that cause friction for you? Have we really become that soft?

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 am

Nah, why kick him out, he is a fun little guy, just like supaez and Bob Marley. Everybody knows he is wrong about foils so let him :)

Nothing like this to be had on an inflate, would never stay up:

http://vimeo.com/16015030

Or this:

http://vimeo.com/65566681

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dave_5280 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 pm

SalmonSlayer wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:Toby, if you are not going to ban PMU, how about limiting the length of posts? All PMU does is copy and paste long text entries he has saved up.

Why?? Is it too hard to hold your finger on the mouse and scroll down quickly? Really??

Do you people really pay attention to what you write?

Do you realize how good you have it in life for these issues to be problems that cause friction for you? Have we really become that soft?
It isn't too hard, but why not fix problems instead of putting up with them for years, is that to hard? Really?

You paid attention.

It's better to fix your problems in life - soft is being complacent.

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ulx
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 pm