All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My experience with F-one Customer Service
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

For me, there can be many differences in gear, kites, boards, etc' + personal taste.

1 thing is for sure, in today's market there is no place for bad costumer service.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 pm 
Frequent Poster

This isn't an issue of bad customer service....this is a guy who bought a second hand kite and bar who expects a warranty claim! There has been no bar failure and when you buy second hand goods it takes on its own liabilities! This is a pointless thread with no merit in its complaints! He knew buying second hand gear has no warranty but proceeds to flame Fone on an international kite forum! Fone is the victim in this case as he is trying to use negative press to get something out of them....I hope they don't cave into this guy!

James

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm 
Medium Poster

soul19 wrote:
This isn't an issue of bad customer service....this is a guy who bought a second hand kite and bar who expects a warranty claim! There has been no bar failure and when you buy second hand goods it takes on its own liabilities! This is a pointless thread with no merit in its complaints! He knew buying second hand gear has no warranty but proceeds to flame Fone on an international kite forum! Fone is the victim in this case as he is trying to use negative press to get something out of them....I hope they don't cave into this guy!

James

What on earth are you talking about? I suggest you read my post again. I specifically state that I don't expect them to replace my bar under warranty. But on the other hand I would expect a little better communication from the brand as the B4 and B5 bars are clearly corroding.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm 
Frequent Poster

I have read your initial post and in your end three points it sums up what you are after...
1. Replace bar
2. Discounted rate for a bar
3. Fone to acknowledge your complaint

You bought second hand so neither of these options belong to you except number three. Warranty is for people who buy new gear.... I have boughten many used kites at a great deal and accept that I am doing so at my own risk. I still don't see why you think Fone should replace your bar for some discolouration? You haven't indicated that the bar is brittle or rather that there has been any issues. If you feel the bar is unsafe than don't use it and avoid buying from that brand. You placed a warranty claim when you started dealing with whatever rep you sent the pictures to. It isn't that I don't understand your concern about the issues that these bars are experiencing but rather why you are on an international forum slagging them. If it was a new bar and they did this than people should be made aware of it but it isn't!

James

You don't have to like my opinion Wetdog and do whatever you feel that you need to do! Sometimes the best advice isn't the one we want.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 am 
Rare Poster

soul19 wrote:
I have read your initial post and in your end three points it sums up what you are after...
1. Replace bar
2. Discounted rate for a bar
3. Fone to acknowledge your complaint

You bought second hand so neither of these options belong to you except number three. Warranty is for people who buy new gear.... I have boughten many used kites at a great deal and accept that I am doing so at my own risk. I still don't see why you think Fone should replace your bar for some discolouration? You haven't indicated that the bar is brittle or rather that there has been any issues. If you feel the bar is unsafe than don't use it and avoid buying from that brand. You placed a warranty claim when you started dealing with whatever rep you sent the pictures to. It isn't that I don't understand your concern about the issues that these bars are experiencing but rather why you are on an international forum slagging them. If it was a new bar and they did this than people should be made aware of it but it isn't!

James

You don't have to like my opinion Wetdog and do whatever you feel that you need to do! Sometimes the best advice isn't the one we want.

Soul19 you are wrong, on all point, the F-One bar issue at this stage is not a warrantly case because it's not a manufacturing defect but a design defect. Ask a lawyer before speaking your truth, F-One should recall the bar! In case of injury they can be prosecuted for negligence. In the law there are no time limitation regarding strict product liability. Wetdog feel free to contact me, F-one must change your bar even if it's 2nd hand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

Have at her big guy :thumb:

James

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2